Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Officiating
If this game is any indication of how games are going to be called this season, I don’t think I’ll be watching many games.  Totally unwatchable.  

Freakshow. The suits will ruin the game before any concussion litigation will. Stupid.

I think officials are told to enforce new rules tighter in the preseason so that teams adjust by the time the regular season rolls around and then they loosen up a bit.

At least that's what I hope...  Because I'd hate to try to sack a QB now.  Maybe we can wrap pillows around our defenders arms to soften any type of hits or sacks on the QB?

That roughing the passer call was absolutely brutal.  If that's a sign of things to come, things are gonna be downright ugly.

“ We have a new penalty that's going to be a problem, and this time it does not involve "leading with the helmet." It does involve a new addition to the rulebook, an addendum that can be called the "Aaron Rodgers Rule," because of the injury that occurred with Anthony Barr driving the Packers quarterback into the ground last year. “

:# 

& We all know he is gonna play it tor all it’s worth, flopping with arms flailing the whole act

The Academy Awards will have a new catagory for Rodgers too

Quote: @Wetlander said:
I think officials are told to enforce new rules tighter in the preseason so that teams adjust by the time the regular season rolls around and then they loosen up a bit.

At least that's what I hope...  Because I'd hate to try to sack a QB now.  Maybe we can wrap pillows around our defenders arms to soften any type of hits or sacks on the QB?
I was thinking bubble wrap. It's absolutely ridiculous. I understand the intent but they are taking away the defense. They create these rules but don't know how to enforce them and then enforce them inconsistently. I hope they loosen up during the season but I have a feeling that they are going to cost some teams some games. I know that's nothing new but this is excessive. It is another momentum killer.

Make them all sign a release. End of problem.

Quote: @kmillard said:
Takes away some of the the leagues ability to control the outcome of the games if they can't call bullshit infractions.

How about the one that got picked up where our DE hit the QB in the lower back but was being held while dang it...they said there was no roughing the passer because he was being held.....but he hit him perfectly legal and as the QB folded the defender slid down his legs but it was still a legal hit amd they were going to flag him for it.

I know these refs aren't to blame,  and many are likely as frustrated as the fans and players, but dammit they need speak up themselves at some point as to home impossible to enforce  the owners are making the rules for them. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@kmillard said:
I know these refs aren't to blame,  and many are likely as frustrated as the fans and players, but dammit they need speak up themselves at some point as to home impossible to enforce  the owners are making the rules for them. 
I sorta think that might be what's happening here. "I'm going to throw a flag here to show the NFL just how stupid this is." I hope all those twitter posts results in a serious backlash. It's even more infuriating that it came about because of Barr's hit on that cream puff in Green Bay. Man, we can't hit him hard enough this year. 

The helmet call against the Jags was almost as bad. As Leber pointed out, what's a defender supposed to do? If the ball carrier lowers his head, you either lower yours, take it in the belly, or let him go by you. And calling that on the ball carrier, which is just as possible, is even more ridiculous. How is a ball carrier supposed to run through traffic without lowering his head?