Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jalen Ramsey Has Something to Say (About Literally Everyone)
Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@suncoastvike said:
He may well be a trash talk king. Most of what he said was garbage. Ok who doesn't suck. Rodgers and Brady that was easy picking. Then in the same breath adds Taylor and Mariota because they are good game managers??? Seem he skipped though several pretty good ones on the way to game manager being a high priority. Or maybe it's me and I missed something. Talk talk and more talk. That's low on my priority list of good character qualities.
Why did this have to get  political?  I guess there's was a need to for some reason. I kinda hope not. I'm burned out on that priority. 
For some people everything is political,  just like all white conservatives are racist. 
I'm not big on labels. It's just another way to insult someone personally by using a big blanket that covers all. Then act like it's an accident they got caught in it. I've had enough of that attitude. I want to talk with fans of the purple. I'm not into fans of the red or the blue. That's a whole different level of fandom. One I don't have a favorite team and proud not to.
You will get to get know me as someone who's care about people having rights to personal choices. Very socially liberal. Also someone who's big on people taking responsibility for those choices. That goes for our leaders as well and they're spending habits. Kinda conservative there. Not big on either red or blue teams attitude or responses toward these. Also not easily sold on the propaganda they try to scare me with. I will continue to throw my vote away with the 5%ers that join in with me when the time really counts. Maybe someday more will see through these lies of division that team red and team blue are using to keep us fighting against each other insted of looking at what they're really doing and who they are doing it for. 
I've been around other forums, as you know. I've seen other attitudes and seen good and bad. I've just evolved to the point I don't care what I'm told. I trust what my experiences have taught me and try not to take anything personally. I hope I come across like that here and more importantly we just have some fun. 
I think most would agree with you in terms of where they lie on the political spectrum,  just that the way the voters are getting played doesnt allow for most to sit on the sidelines with their vote and let the other extreme position get a stronger foothold.  I would love to find a middle of the ground candidate to support,  but if I have to pick a side, I will go with the conservatives as long as they present the lesser of 2 evils which IMO in the last election... they barely did,  but they in fact did IMO.  When both sides voters agree to put enough pressure on the establishments to demand real election change to allow 3rd, 4th and 5th party candidates a real chance to compete,  then I will have no issues sending my votes that way,  but until then I have to follow the path that I have chosen.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@suncoastvike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@suncoastvike said:
He may well be a trash talk king. Most of what he said was garbage. Ok who doesn't suck. Rodgers and Brady that was easy picking. Then in the same breath adds Taylor and Mariota because they are good game managers??? Seem he skipped though several pretty good ones on the way to game manager being a high priority. Or maybe it's me and I missed something. Talk talk and more talk. That's low on my priority list of good character qualities.
Why did this have to get  political?  I guess there's was a need to for some reason. I kinda hope not. I'm burned out on that priority. 
For some people everything is political,  just like all white conservatives are racist. 
I'm not big on labels. It's just another way to insult someone personally by using a big blanket that covers all. Then act like it's an accident they got caught in it. I've had enough of that attitude. I want to talk with fans of the purple. I'm not into fans of the red or the blue. That's a whole different level of fandom. One I don't have a favorite team and proud not to.
You will get to get know me as someone who's care about people having rights to personal choices. Very socially liberal. Also someone who's big on people taking responsibility for those choices. That goes for our leaders as well and they're spending habits. Kinda conservative there. Not big on either red or blue teams attitude or responses toward these. Also not easily sold on the propaganda they try to scare me with. I will continue to throw my vote away with the 5%ers that join in with me when the time really counts. Maybe someday more will see through these lies of division that team red and team blue are using to keep us fighting against each other insted of looking at what they're really doing and who they are doing it for. 
I've been around other forums, as you know. I've seen other attitudes and seen good and bad. I've just evolved to the point I don't care what I'm told. I trust what my experiences have taught me and try not to take anything personally. I hope I come across like that here and more importantly we just have some fun. 
I think most would agree with you in terms of where they lie on the political spectrum,  just that the way the voters are getting played doesnt allow for most to sit on the sidelines with their vote and let the other extreme position get a stronger foothold.  I would love to find a middle of the ground candidate to support,  but if I have to pick a side, I will go with the conservatives as long as they present the lesser of 2 evils which IMO in the last election... they barely did,  but they in fact did IMO.  When both sides voters agree to put enough pressure on the establishments to demand real election change to allow 3rd, 4th and 5th party candidates a real chance to compete,  then I will have no issues sending my votes that way,  but until then I have to follow the path that I have chosen.
I understand. Remember they understand that idea as well. I vote in protest of them.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@suncoastvike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@suncoastvike said:
I understand. Remember they understand that idea as well. I vote in protest of them.
I live in possibly the most conservative state in the union and my protest this year is to vote Democrat for gov....that and he is likely the one to get shit done by crossing party lines.

Dayum,

I forgot I even started this and found it over here...lol!

Quote: @JimmyinSD said: pop
@suncoastvike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@suncoastvike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@suncoastvike said:
I live in possibly the most conservative state in the union and my protest this year is to vote Democrat for gov....that and he is likely the one to get shit done by crossing party lines.
Kudos to you for having the conviction to cross party lines. Are you a registered Republican? If i may an that is.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@JimmyinSD said: pop
@suncoastvike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@suncoastvike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@suncoastvike said:
Kudos to you for having the conviction to cross party lines. Are you a registered Republican? If i may an that is.
Yes.  I was going to switch to Independent but we don't have open primaries and a friend of mine is the local sheriff who isn't necessarily the favorite candidate of the local republican party big wigs so I stay registered repub so I can help him agaisnt whatever puppet they try and replace him with.

Ive said for years I will for Dems and / or agaisnt Repubs when I think the situation calls for it.  There used to be a local state race that had me voting Democrats for the lady running,  bit I am not sure if I can vote for her this time around.  She was a watchdog previously,  bit this time I think she is running with an ax to grind and that is rarely useful or successful in politics.

It really sucks in SD because the repub party is so dominant that it's rare that they get candidates that challenge the ideals and goals of the party hierarchy,  but yet the Dems are so weak that most any candidate they can talk into running is pretty weak.  All the smart ones know that they dont have very good odds and would t waste thir time.

This Sutton for Governor is different he is a rancher who truly loves our state and I think is running because he wants to help his fellow South Dakotans, not because his party needed somebody for the ballot.

Republican on paper, independent on election day.  There are very few items that I toe the party line on.

Jimmy, I appreciate your candor. Thank you.