Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aviante Collins has what Vikings need to play left guard: athleticism and a ‘nasty streak’
As soon as Vikings running back Roc Thomas caught a screen pass from Trevor Siemian on Saturday night against the Broncos in Denver, his eyes got big as he spotted a pair of 300-pound teammates in front of him to clear the way. A few blocks later, he ran untouched for an electrifying 78-yard touchdown. 
While the speedy Thomas got the glory, and rightfully so, a closer look shows the sequence started with an outstanding kickout block by left guard Aviante Collins. Seventy-eight yards later, Collins was the first person to reach Thomas in the end zone, showcasing surprising speed to get there. 
Not bad for a guy who had never played on the interior of the offensive line before last week. 
“I feel like every player in this league has something special about them,” said Collins, a second-year tackle out of Texas Christian who moved inside after starting left guard Nick Easton’s season-ending neck surgery. “Somebody is super strong. Somebody is super smart. Somebody has long arms or good feet or something like that. My thing is that I’m athletic. I use those gifts that God gave me to my advantage.” 
https://www.twincities.com/2018/08/14/vi...es-inside/

I hope so. Compton looks like a camp body at LG.

If I remember right Collins has something like the 3rd fastest 40 for an olineman in combine history. 4.81 and did like 34 reps. Athletically he’s a freak, just needed time to develop.

With his strength and athleticism, I hope the Vikings give him a long look at LG.

When has a fast LG ever worked well for us? :p