Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, lets just get it out there now...
Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Treadwell and Cousins have a connection in camp,  that will translate to the field at some point,   I hardly think that 4 passes with the  starting QB should be much of an indicator on where things are at with him.   Remember how Thielen didnt look like a whole lot until the back up QBs (that he worked with offseason and in practice) got their chances and that chemistry he had with them and their comfort with him came through.   Some guys wont get wide open... Cris Carter always seemed to have somebody on his hip or posted up and they still knew that he was open if it was only single coverage and that he would make the catch if they put the ball away from the defender.  I see Treadwell as that type of player,  he has the big frame to shield the defender and has shown good hands and concentration.  
I hope your right. I really hope you Carter comparison is right. That would be something. There's a long way to go towards that.
i am not predicting anything similar in results,  just that at this level of the game wide open is pretty much a myth and with Treadwells body type and strong hands if he is single covered but has position he should be considered open,  especially with the every tightening noose on contact by defensive players.  CC was special,  but even a player that ends up at 80% of what CC did and we will have a damn good player.  with all this said,  if he does turn into a quality target... with Diggs and Theilen getting theirs,  no room in the cap for third quality veteran.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
Treadwell and Cousins have a connection in camp,  that will translate to the field at some point,   I hardly think that 4 passes with the  starting QB should be much of an indicator on where things are at with him...
You dont yhink the first pre season game isnt an indicator of the future ?

Damn ! I was thinking Cousins would go all season without an incompletion and maintain a 150 rating !?!

Just razzin’...

Glad you & Tread have “Godfidence” 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Nothing to be gleaned about Tread really in that game and I say that as a strong critic of Laquon. The Broncos were blitzing heavily right out of the gate so Flip adjusted accordingly. 
Spot on Sticky.  Saw him blocking well on a couple of runs, but we already knew he excelled at that.  First team was out for 1 drive and they score.  Diggs got all the WR throws.

Reminds me of last year against Seattle when the DBs were not in sync because of the scheme Zim was trying out.  One would have thought Wassa had been resigned.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@suncoastvike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Treadwell and Cousins have a connection in camp,  that will translate to the field at some point,   I hardly think that 4 passes with the  starting QB should be much of an indicator on where things are at with him.   Remember how Thielen didnt look like a whole lot until the back up QBs (that he worked with offseason and in practice) got their chances and that chemistry he had with them and their comfort with him came through.   Some guys wont get wide open... Cris Carter always seemed to have somebody on his hip or posted up and they still knew that he was open if it was only single coverage and that he would make the catch if they put the ball away from the defender.  I see Treadwell as that type of player,  he has the big frame to shield the defender and has shown good hands and concentration.  
I hope your right. I really hope you Carter comparison is right. That would be something. There's a long way to go towards that.
i am not predicting anything similar in results,  just that at this level of the game wide open is pretty much a myth and with Treadwells body type and strong hands if he is single covered but has position he should be considered open,  especially with the every tightening noose on contact by defensive players.  CC was special,  but even a player that ends up at 80% of what CC did and we will have a damn good player.  with all this said,  if he does turn into a quality target... with Diggs and Theilen getting theirs,  no room in the cap for third quality veteran.
Wow, if Treadwell ever gets to the point where we worry about having enough cap space to keep him I will be shocked but elated!! Although, the decision for picking up his 5th-year option is only about 9 months away. I think he would need to have an amazing breakout, literally displace Diggs or Thielen as one of our top 2 WRs, to even consider that cost.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@suncoastvike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Wow, if Treadwell ever gets to the point where we worry about having enough cap space to keep him I will be shocked but elated!! Although, the decision for picking up his 5th-year option is only about 9 months away. I think he would need to have an amazing breakout, literally displace Diggs or Thielen as one of our top 2 WRs, to even consider that cost.
unless one of them falls of the face of the earth or AT gets greedy in his new demands that it will be safe to say they wont pick up his option regardless of what he does.  they locked in with Diggs and AT is one of us so letting him go would be like the Twins not going after Joe Mauer years ago... just not good politics.  Treadwell wont be here in 2 years for sure,  but it would prudent to get him involved and try and drive up his trade value at the very least so we can try and recoup as much of that first rounder as we can.  

Treadwell will not get much in the way of volume of passes his way this year.   Theilen and Diggs will get the majority.  If he is lucky he will average 3-5 per game.  The rest got to those two, Rudolph, and Cook.

Quote: @twgerber said:
Treadwell will not get much in the way of volume of passes his way this year.   Theilen and Diggs will get the majority.  If he is lucky he will average 3-5 per game.  The rest got to those two, Rudolph, and Cook.
I think it will depend on how opposing teams try and play them.... if they try and double AT and Diggs on the same side of the field that will leave Treadwell single covered on the other side which would be easy pickings for Cousins.  If they try and play a 2 high that will leave a lot of underneath shit unless they drop LBs into passing lanes which would open shit up big for Cook.  This is going to be exciting to watch with the chess pieces the Vikings have at their disposal.  and lets not forget just putting Murray in to just gut them with demoralizing 10 yard scampers.