Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Levy And Griese Are Drunk
Ben Leber does a nice job interviewing players during the game as well. Thank God I'm in the local broadcast area is all I can say.

Ugh.  I hate the TV/radio simulcast that the Vikings are doing.  I was in the car listening to the game... and it seems like I missed about half of the plays because PA was talking about something else (other than the game action)... or Leber was interviewing someone.  That works for TV, with the action going on in the background... not so much for radio.
And, to get back to the original point... I don't think PA talked much about the Broncos, either.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
I guess I'd expect them to at least know the difference between an XP and a FG...
Yeah, I caught that too. He called an extra point a fg.

I know it’s preseason, but the broadcast team needs better game awareness. They had a few interviews that went over multiple consecutive plays. Continue the interview, fine, but at least show the game action...

Honestly, preseason football is garbage....both from a broadcasting and viewer point of view. Diehards glean what they can and just like to see the start of football, but its really not good by any stretch.

The best part of that Bronco commentary was when they started crying about the Denver defense giving up 42 points to the Vikings offense which they mentioned was missing 3 starting linemen.  

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
The best part of that Bronco commentary was when they started crying about the Denver defense giving up 42 points to the Vikings offense which they mentioned was missing 3 starting linemen.  
TBH, I was shocked that they even knew this fact. And to their credit, they did mention it several times. They did some homework on the Vikings. Usually, opposing teams preseason local broadcasters don't know shit.