Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daniel Carlson
Quote: @BlackMagic7 said:
After he made the first field goal attempt I looked back at our team stats: Carlson 2/2 on PATS, 1/1 on FGs. Our new QB throws a TD. Their old QB throws a TD for us. Our old QB don't do much for them. INT. Sack.  .... It was like a "perfect game" early on. Then their other old QB throws a TD pass for us. ...You can't even put up games like that in Madden!

I'm not sure, however, if i'll ever be "ok" when a kicker is lining up out there for us. It's nothing personal for the player kicking; I've just developed PTSD over it at this point. We line up for PATs or FGs and I instantly feel panic settling in. "Ooooohh ****, ooooooh ****" is what it is...
Oh Lord is this ever the truth! Right there with ya, Magic!

fwiw
PA was all tweeked out about Carlson in warm ups saying with the elevation and the wind he was hitting long 50 yardrs that could easily be good @ 60-70

Always fun watching young kickers before the pressure, coaches, press, fans & the doubts & yips that follow...

He looked relaxed and seemed fairly confident. He can bang it. Doesn't look great for Kai. 

I thought the rookie looked good.  2 for 2 on FGs with one a 57 yarder that would have been good from 60+...  Nailed all 4 XPs.

BOOM

He looks like he's 16 years old, but the kid can kick it.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
He looks like he's 16 years old, but the kid can kick it.
Lol, I said the same thing to my wife last night...I got underwear that looks older than that kid. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
After he drilled that first extra point right down the middle I was hooked.  I hate drama on routine  plays. 
that's the problem with it! He kicks them perfect; you get lulled into a false sense of security...  :#  :#  :#

First it's just to get points on the board. Then it's to tie a game. Then it's to take a lead. ... then it's to win a game. Makes me sick typing it...  :#

... were up by 35 points... here comes the kicker, and the thoughts that momentum is about to change. He misses this kick... it's gonna rain points on our defense.  :#  :#

Quote: @BlackMagic7 said:

I'm not sure, however, if i'll ever be "ok" when a kicker is lining up out there for us. It's nothing personal against the player kicking; I've just developed PTSD over it at this point. We line up for PATs or FGs and I instantly feel panic settling in. "Ooooohh ****, ooooooh ****" is what it is...
You and about 10,000,000 others.  I think Walsh gave me a mini-stroke... brain froze and all I said in the chat room at the time was "Oops".