Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings-Broncos: 10 players who stood out
The Minnesota Vikings opened their preseason against the Denver Broncos on Saturday night. Here are 10 players who made an impact…http://www.1500espn.com/vikings/2018/08/vikings-broncos-10-players-stood/

Not a bad list but O'Neill should be pretty high on the Top 10 list.  I watched every snap and he was not even remotely challenged and just stonewalled his guy every snap.  I also saw him with two pancake blocks in the run game coming across the line and setting up an edge.  Very impressive at RT.  

It's a crime they don't mention Edison. And one could argue Eric Wilson belongs as well. 

Quote: @minny65 said:
Not a bad list but O'Neill should be pretty high on the Top 10 list.  I watched every snap and he was not even remotely challenged and just stonewalled his guy every snap.  I also saw him with two pancake blocks in the run game coming across the line and setting up an edge.  Very impressive at RT.  
As I said in my OL post, I think O'Neill was very impressive, but if you watch his protections no one even really tried to bull rush him. I'd have to go back and watch more closely, but Denver is a 3-4 team and O'Neill was likely matched up with OLBs, and given his athleticism, he should win those battles. Where he will likely struggle more is when he's bull rushed by a bigger body, like a 4-3 end. I'll give credit where it's due because he looked good in this match up, but there's an asterisk there....