Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daniel Carlson
Insert PS Game #1 preface here...

But dayum.

A 57 yarder right down the middle which could have been good from a couple more yards. Wowza.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Insert PS Game #1 preface here...

But dayum.
Don't forget 5280. But, yeah, dayum. He's got a cannon for a leg. What I found interesting is that he never kicked off. Forbath did all of 'em I think. 

I didn't see the game, but it looks like Forbath didn't even get an attempt?

Might be best to waive Kai early if their mind is made up already.

Quote: @Jor-El said:

Either that or they'll reverse roles next week.  Forbath might do XP's and FG's while Carlson does KO's.  Guess we'll see.

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
@Jor-El said:

Either that or they'll reverse roles next week.  Forbath might do XP's and FG's while Carlson does KO's.  Guess we'll see.
I think this is exactly what they'll do...

Vikings’ Daniel Carlson: ‘A dream come true’ having strong debut in home state
DENVER — Vikings rookie kicker Daniel Carlson really wanted to show off his big leg Saturday night at high altitude. 
He got the chance. 
In the third quarter of a 42-28 win over Denver in the preseason opener at Broncos Stadium at Mile High, Carlson drilled a 57-yard field goal. It’s the second-longest preseason boot in Minnesota history after the 58-yarder that Marshall Koehn made last year. 
“It was fun,’’ said Carlson, who grew up an hour down the road in Colorado Springs, Colo. “We weren’t sure whether we were going to punt it based on the game, but Coach (Mike Zimmer) was asking if we could kick it, and we told him, ‘Let’s go for it.’ 
“He sent me out there and put some trust in me. Obviously, it was fun to have an opportunity like that and be able to help the team in that way.’’ 
Carlson, taken in the fifth round of the draft last April out of Auburn, is battling Kai Forbath for the job. For the first preseason game, Zimmer elected to have Forbath handle kickoffs and Carlson all extra-point and field-goal attempts. 
Carlson made both of his field-goal attempts, the other a 39-yarder in the second quarter. He made all four of his extra-point attempts. 
“It definitely was a dream come true,’’ Carlson said. “Obviously, I’ve worked a long time for this moment right now, and to get to do it in my home state and have all my friends and family there and just have a performance like I did, where I made all my kicks, it was a perfect way to go out on it.’’ 

https://www.twincities.com/2018/08/12/vi...ome-state/

After he made the first field goal attempt I looked back at our team stats: Carlson 2/2 on PATS, 1/1 on FGs. Our new QB throws a TD. Their old QB throws a TD for us. Our old QB doesn't do much for them. INT. Sack.  .... It was like a "perfect game" early on. Then their other old QB throws a TD pass for us. ...You can't even put up games like that in Madden!

I'm not sure, however, if i'll ever be "ok" when a kicker is lining up out there for us. It's nothing personal against the player kicking; I've just developed PTSD over it at this point. We line up for PATs or FGs and I instantly feel panic settling in. "Ooooohh ****, ooooooh ****" is what it is...

After he drilled that first extra point right down the middle I was hooked.  I hate drama on routine  plays. 

Quote: @BlackMagic7 said:
After he made the first field goal attempt I looked back at our team stats: Carlson 2/2 on PATS, 1/1 on FGs. Our new QB throws a TD. Their old QB throws a TD for us. Our old QB don't do much for them. INT. Sack.  .... It was like a "perfect game" early on. Then their other old QB throws a TD pass for us. ...You can't even put up games like that in Madden!

I'm not sure, however, if i'll ever be "ok" when a kicker is lining up out there for us. It's nothing personal for the player kicking; I've just developed PTSD over it at this point. We line up for PATs or FGs and I instantly feel panic settling in. "Ooooohh ****, ooooooh ****" is what it is...
gary anderson gave us ptsd all by himself and boomschtick Walsh is running a close 2nd in the GOAT category,