Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meet Cornelius Edison, the Vikings’ new center (for now)
https://www.twincities.com/2018/08/08/me...r-for-now/
“He has stepped in and done really, really well,” offensive coordinator John DeFilippo added. “I’m proud of him. He plays with great leverage. He has strong hands. He stays low to the ground. He’s smart. He hasn’t messed up a snap yet in terms of the cadence. He’s done a fantastic job of stepping in there, and we’re happy with where he’s at.”

Talk about making the most of opportunities given.  Cornelius is doing just that, and getting compliments from the "big guys" as well.  Good for him, and hope he continues to play well.

If he is playing that well, I would also give him a shot at Left Guard if Easton will be out for a while. 

Quote: @TBro said:
If he is playing that well, I would also give him a shot at Left Guard if Easton will be out for a while. 
What's interesting is that Aviante Collins, who by several accounts is having a great camp, is getting a lot of reps at both left and right guard. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@TBro said:
What's interesting is that Aviante Collins, who by several accounts is having a great camp, is getting a lot of reps at both left and right guard. 
I agree. I think he has as much or more potential than Isidora and Compton yet the media coverage for him is pretty low compared to the others.  

@TBro said:
I hadnt heard that... then who is working behind Reiff?

I hope they dont fuck Collins up like they did with Sirles,  JS could have been a pretty good player for us IMO if they had left him some where to get settled in,  but they jumped him left to right tackle to guard and around again and he never really seemed to get comfortable at one spot although he seeemed to do ok when they were moving him.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@TBro said:

I hope they dont fuck Collins up like they did with Sirles,  JS could have been a pretty good player for us IMO if they had left him some where to get settled in,  but they jumped him left to right tackle to guard and around again and he never really seemed to get comfortable at one spot although he seeemed to do ok when they were moving him.
Dieugot Joseph was getting 3rd team LT reps. I don't know where I saw it, but somewhere there was a breakdown of which player was where from 1st line to 3rd line. With Gossett and Remmers out, Collins was playing guard in one or two of those units. I'm sure he'd be the backup LT if anything happened to Reiff. And yeah, while there is value in keeping players in one position, there is also value in getting them reps at other positions since the Vikings will obviously want to start the 5 best blockers they have. The more versatility you have, the fewer bodies you'll need to keep. I know i'm going to have my eye on every one of these guys through 4 quarters on Saturday. 

@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@TBro said:

Dieugot Joseph was getting 3rd team LT reps. I don't know where I saw it, but somewhere there was a breakdown of which player was where from 1st line to 3rd line. With Gossett and Remmers out, Collins was playing guard in one or two of those units. I'm sure he'd be the backup LT if anything happened to Reiff. And yeah, while there is value in keeping players in one position, there is also value in getting them reps at other positions since the Vikings will obviously want to start the 5 best blockers they have. The more versatility you have, the fewer bodies you'll need to keep. I know i'm going to have my eye on every one of these guys through 4 quarters on Saturday. 
I am thinking that with all this drama along the OL and the issues they have faced the last 3 years that Zim may be more inclined to keep an extra roster spot on the OL and take one away some where else.   Will these OL struggles be what finally costs Sherels his roster spot?  or maybe the FB spot?  I had heard they werent going to carry a FB this year,   but I see 2 listed on the depth chart.  I like Hams versatility so perhaps that keeps him safe this year?

I'll admit that I don't know much about Edison, but someone had a take I thought was worth repeating.  If Edison is a pure backup center, it removes a guy out of the rotation for backing up the guard spots, but I do like not having to shift guys around when someone gets injured.

[Image: DkPj311U0AA0hc2.jpg:large]