Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Boy Practices...
Diggs, Rhodes duel during session
Big plays from Diggs and Rhodes highlighted an afternoon practice that included plenty of heated chatter on both sides of the ball. Rhodes stepped in front of a Cousins pass, intercepting a throw intended for Adam Thielen. Diggs, who's beaten Rhodes a few times during camp, caught a couple passes over the middle that had the two players chirping at one another. Then, after Diggs caught a long touchdown on Rhodes and threw the ball into the stands, Rhodes refused to come off the field, staying in at corner even to work with the third-team defense in an effort to turn things around.

http://www.startribune.com/qb-kirk-cousi...490316621/

Not a subscriber... can't see the article.

The competition is fierce with those two and it makes them better. No one is resting on their laurels even with their big money deals, they are both busting their humps. And with that matchup, it's going to go back and forth. Diggs will win some and Rhodes will win some.

Quote: @pumpf said:
Not a subscriber... can't see the article.
Clear your cookies...

As tension rises between Stefon Diggs and Xavier Rhodes, both Vikings are held out of practice

After a series of heated exchanges between Stefon Diggs and Xavier Rhodes on Tuesday bled into another contretemps during Wednesday morning’s walk-through, Vikings coach Mike Zimmer held both players out of practice Wednesday afternoon.
Asked why Diggs and Rhodes did not practice, Zimmer said, “They did not make me happy,” later referring to “undisciplined stuff” in practice. Neither player’s absence, Zimmer said, was injury-related, though when he was asked about specific incidents involving both players, he said he would not discuss it further.
Diggs and Rhodes had a number of dust-ups during Tuesday’s practice, particularly after Diggs caught a long touchdown pass over Rhodes and fired the ball into the stands. Rhodes responded by staying on the field for snaps with the Vikings’ reserves, calling for Diggs to come back on the field and face him again. On Wednesday morning, Rhodes appeared to yell something at Diggs while the receiver had to be separated from safety Andrew Sendejo during the Vikings’ walk-through. Diggs left the practice field with wide receivers coach Darrell Hazell talking to him and grabbing his arm in an apparent attempt to cool him off.
With Rhodes out, Mackensie Alexander and Mike Hughes took first-team snaps at right cornerback.
http://www.startribune.com/as-tension-ri...490415811/

Diggs is a showboater.....doesn't sit well with the defensive vets all the time. Might have a little diva in him, as some WRs do. I'll take that kind of confidence and swagger and I don't think its a big deal. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Diggs is a showboater.....doesn't sit well with the defensive vets all the time. Might have a little diva in him, as some WRs do. I'll take that kind of confidence and swagger and I don't think its a big deal. 
Some WR's do?

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@StickyBun said:
Some WR's do?

Ha, I think the WR spot is the diva position in the NFL, no?