NFL male cheerleaders
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Vikergirl said:
@Purplewhizz said:
@Vikergirl said:
@StickyBun said:
The ladies need their eye candy, too. I can't show up at every game.  :p
LMFAO! My eye candy is on the field.
Something tells me those cheerleader fellas wouldnt be interested in you anyway.
Yeah I am inclined to agree. No worries, the feeling is mutual. I am just amused by the butt hurt dudes saying they will boycott the NFL because of it. They are collectively losing their shit on Twitter. It's hilarious. If the dudes want to dance and cheer, more power to them. 
Really? I guess that figures. Don't suppose it would make any difference if you told them that college football has had male cheerleaders for years. 
Oh yeah, they are going off. The homophobic slurs are ridiculous. I doubt that would make a difference to these Neanderthals.

We still have cheerleaders?  For what purpose?  I never noticed them at a game but then again I was not looking for them either...

Quote: @IDVikingfan said:
We still have cheerleaders?  For what purpose?  I never noticed them at a game but then again I was not looking for them either...
I guess it depends on who you talk to. But they contribute in the community and make appearances for charity. Also the Vikings cheerleaders are going to be part of the dance training that is going to be offered at TCO performance center for K-12. I think a lot of young girls look up to them actually. Some even say that cheerleading helps build confidence. The calendars they sell raise money too. 

Thanks for the info.  I live over 1000 miles away from MSP and Viking cheerleader news/activities are not mentioned in our sports pages.  Nice that the team supports these activities for youth and community.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@Purplewhizz said:
@Vikergirl said:
@StickyBun said:
Something tells me those cheerleader fellas wouldnt be interested in you anyway.
Yeah I am inclined to agree. No worries, the feeling is mutual. I am just amused by the butt hurt dudes saying they will boycott the NFL because of it. They are collectively losing their shit on Twitter. It's hilarious. If the dudes want to dance and cheer, more power to them. 
I'm not losing anything over this.  But what does bother me is the feeling that the NFL is doing this for cynical reasons (which could also be said about the anthem / military support and breast cancer awareness month).  It feels like an ESPN-esque attempt to placate all kinds of different social activists, rather than just concentrating on football.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@IDVikingfan said:
I guess it depends on who you talk to. But they contribute in the community and make appearances for charity. Also the Vikings cheerleaders are going to be part of the dance training that is going to be offered at TCO performance center for K-12. I think a lot of young girls look up to them actually. Some even say that cheerleading helps build confidence. The calendars they sell raise money too. 
Yeah I've never noticed the cheerleaders either...really.
 Wink 
I think the difference between the collage squads and what these NFL males are doing are quite different. If what I heard is the case. They are doing the same routine along side the women. College the guys are support and holders not so much shakers. I'm not super homophobic  but if true that kind of...ickies it up for me. Still watching football and won't complain if they do. The Rams and Saints have owners. It's their call. If league wide so be it. However I won't apologise for thinking it creeps me a bit. I mean more then a man near 60 watching girls in their 20s shake it.
 :p 
Creepy is as creepy does.

Quote: @pumpf said:
@Vikergirl said:
@Purplewhizz said:
@Vikergirl said:
@StickyBun said:
I'm not losing anything over this.  But what does bother me is the feeling that the NFL is doing this for cynical reasons (which could also be said about the anthem / military support and breast cancer awareness month).  It feels like an ESPN-esque attempt to placate all kinds of different social activists, rather than just concentrating on football.
They are a business so it's marketing and money.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@Vikergirl said:
@IDVikingfan said:
Yeah I've never noticed the cheerleaders either...really.
 Wink 
I think the difference between the collage squads and what these NFL males are doing are quite different. If what I heard is the case. They are doing the same routine along side the women. College the guys are support and holders not so much shakers. I'm not super homophobic  but if true that kind of...ickies it up for me. Still watching football and won't complain if they do. The Rams and Saints have owners. It's their call. If league wide so be it. However I won't apologise for thinking it creeps me a bit. I mean more then a man near 60 watching girls in their 20s shake it.
 :p 
Creepy is as creepy does.
Of course the college and pro cheerleaders are different. So is the creepy factor you speak of. But one is treated as acceptable and the other is not. Who knows what the cheerleaders will do, it hasn't happened yet. Maybe people are freaking out for nothing. 

Quote: @IDVikingfan said:
Thought the same thing till I went to a Timber wolves game and sat court side (next to the announcers). We definitely need cheerleaders  :p

@Vikergirl said:
@Purplewhizz said:
@Vikergirl said:
@StickyBun said:
@Vikergirl said:
@Purplewhizz said:
@Vikergirl said:
@StickyBun said:
You tend to see everything through that prism don't you?