Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easton to get 2nd opion
Nick Easton is going to get second opinion so on neck and back injuries that does not sound good to me

sounds like another surgery when i hear 2nd opinion

Rah Roh...I'm getting a bad feeling about this unit. Oline is taking hits and their not even hitting for real yet. I agree doesn't sound good. Normally 2nd opinions are always kind of good policy. Worrisome if you really, really didn't like the 1st. I'm going on record again as not happy with how they addressed this unit in the draft and off season. 

gosh darn it. we have noooo depth at OL. losing a starter before the season could derail this train. 

Our offensive line seems like its hurt all the time.  

unreal. might have to make a trade and fast.

Richie Incognito said Minnesota and Seattle have reached out. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I don't know that we are to that point of desperation yet,  but his name was the first to come to mind.  He's a wingnut,  but a solid OG when he puts his demons away.

Quote: @StickyBun said:

Richie Incognito says Vikings called about his availability

Less than two weeks into training camp, the Minnesota Vikings’ offensive line is already dinged up.According to a report from ESPN’s Courtney Cronin, Nick Easton has neck and back issues that have kept him out of Saturday and Monday’s practices. Center Pat Elflein is still yet to return from offseason ankle and shoulder surgery and Mike Remmers is also nursing a non-serious injury.

While the Vikings still have over one month until they open the regular season against the San Francisco 49ers, time is running out to sign a free agent lineman and still have enough time to prepare him for the start of the year.
According to former Miami Dolphins and Buffalo Bills offensive lineman Richie Incognito, the Vikings called about his services. In an interview with TMZ, Incognito said Minnesota and Seattle have called. The 35-year-old guard says he is training five days a week.
“I just don’t want to go to training camp, so we’ll see,” Incognito said.
Last year, Incognito rated 12th among guards by PFF standards — though his grades have dropped over the last two years. He also had an off-field incident earlier this offseason that might cause some hesitation.

“Come call me if you need a four-time Pro Bowl guard,” Incognito said in the interview.
Here’s where the Vikings stand now with their three linemen on the shelf:
– Veteran Tom Compton has taken reps at both left and right guard and has experience as a starter. Over his six-year career, Compton has started 11 games including five last year with the Chicago Bears. In 210 pass blocking snaps, the veteran did not allow a sack last season but gave up four QB hits and 10 hurries (per Pro Football Focus). He ranked 55th of 77 by PFF as a run blocker.
– Guard Danny Isidora has also played the vast majority of first-team reps at guard with Easton covering Center for Elflein. As a fifth-round pick in 2017, Isidora made a good impression and played 147 total snaps during his rookie year. He allowed six pressures in 85 pass snaps.
– Until Elflein or Easton returns, Cornelius Edison, who was active once last year and appeared in six games (zero starts) for the Bears in 2016, is filling in at center.
– At right tackle, Rashod Hill and rookie Brian O’Neill have split reps. On the left side, Riley Reiff has been the only consistent member of the line. Hill appears in line to be the starter, but O’Neill could get a chance to push for the spot during preseason.
– Behind Compton, Isidora and Edison is guard Josh Andrews, who was on Philadelphia’s practice squad, rookie guard Colby Gossett and tackle Aviante Collins, who made the team as an undrafted free agent and saw a handful of snaps as a sixth O-lineman last year.
Three other plausible players remaining in free agency with significant starting experience are former Saint/Packer Jahri Evans, ex-Seahawk Luke Joeckel and former 49er Zane Beadles.
http://www.1500espn.com/vikings/2018/08/...ee-agents/

https://twitter.com/All_Day_Two8/status/...8598182912&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.1500espn.com%2Fvikings%2F2018%2F08%2Finjuries-o-line-vikings-look-remaining-free-agents%2F

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
I don't know that we ate to that point of desperation yet,  bit his name was the first to come to mind.  He's a wingnut,  but a solid OG when he puts his demons away.
Yes he is. If he's not batshit crazy, he'd help the team.