Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zim says nothing up with Barr!
He says AB is his guy,  he was his first draft pick, and they are in no way trying to trade him.

He had a tweak yesterday and that is why he was held out of full team activities.
Why isn't Chuck Foreman in the Hall of Fame?

And 3 days later...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
And 3 days later...
Lol, that's good stuff...

Zimmer: “We’re trying to get him signed,” Zimmer said. “Hopefully, we can. But that’s between upstairs and his people. So, we’d love to have him here. I said he’s my guy, the first guy that I drafted. I want him to get the best deal he can possibly get, but in a selfish way I want him to be here, too.” 

https://www.twincities.com/2018/08/03/mi...hony-barr/

I do believe the coach this go around. I think the only holding Barr back from getting a contract here is going to be injuries, Sheldon Richardson or un-reasonable contractual demands.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
And 3 days later...
Lol, that's good stuff...

Zimmer: “We’re trying to get him signed,” Zimmer said. “Hopefully, we can. But that’s between upstairs and his people. So, we’d love to have him here. I said he’s my guy, the first guy that I drafted. I want him to get the best deal he can possibly get, but in a selfish way I want him to be here, too.” 

https://www.twincities.com/2018/08/03/mi...hony-barr/

I do believe the coach this go around. I think the only holding Barr back from getting a contract here is going to be injuries, Sheldon Richardson or un-reasonable contractual demands.

I know I'm in the minority, but I just don't think Richardson is anything but a one-year pony here. If he piles up stats, he's going to want a huge $$ deal and he'll leave. If his stats aren't great, he'll move on to another pasture he hopes is greener. Zimmer's defense is not known for building splashy statistics, and he has pledged to rotate players more, and the team will want to develop Jaleel Johnson and Jalyn Holmes, so Richardson might not get the numbers that will earn him a top DT contract. Everyone who wants him to stay had better hope he totally falls in love with his teammates, coaches, and the city.