Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, we knew this was inevitable; Mankato feeling the pinch
Make a list as if you were the TEAM. Minneapolis/New Facility on one side and Mankato/Old Facility on the other. There are far more positives on the Minneapolis side, with just a few on Mankato side. It affects you negatively....I get that. Do you go every year to training camp? For the TEAM, it was a no brainer to make the move. 45 years at the same place. Time for a new tradition.

So hang up your rotary dial phone and get off your dial-up internet and go to Eagan and experience the new and improved TC experience. 

Quote: @JoDakota said:
Make a list as if you were the TEAM. Minneapolis/New Facility on one side and Mankato/Old Facility on the other. There are far more positives on the Minneapolis side, with just a few on Mankato side.  I am not the team,   I am a fan,  everything I have stated so far on this matter is from a fans perspective and position and havent claimed otherwise...you were the one that said only financially affected people should have an opinion on the matter and I said that was a retarded thing to say on a fan site.   that is all there really is to discuss on the matter,  everything you bring up from the business point of view is really moot.

It affects you negatively....I get that. Do you go every year to training camp? I have been 3 of the last 4 years and 4 of the last 6 or 7 years.  It was a good time.

For the TEAM, it was a no brainer to make the move. 45 years at the same place. Time for a new tradition.  or time for another revenue stream to be more to the point... what is funny about this statement is that when Zygi bought the team he was going to try and restore some old football traditions (this is how the skol line came to be)  he told me personally that he wanted to see large scale tailgating for the Minnesota fans that wanted it (we met him and Mark at the Chiefs game at Arrowhead in 07 and got to visit)  he was all about tradition and things for the fan.  the team is valued crazy higher than what he paid and what he has invested.  this need to squeeze every single nickle from the fans is getting old... if he wants to start some new traditions,  how about doing something for the fans that doesnt isnt dictated by ROI.

So hang up your rotary dial phone and get off your dial-up internet and go to Eagan and experience the new and improved TC experience.  witty fucker I see... 

Well, the vikings are looking for what is the best for the TEAM, they can't look to please every fan, unfortunately. I'm sure they weighed the pron and cons, including profit (they are businessmen afterall), and decided that investing in a brand new facility seemed like the best move. And if you have a brand new facility, why wouldn't they want as much activity there as possible.

Sorry about being "witty", it came from your "Get off my Lawn" quote above.

I sure have some good memories of Mankato... last time there was probably 1993 lol.  That was when you could literally bump into players anywhere, before, during, after practice.  I got to "know" some players as I tried to get there as much as I could.  One story I always laugh at, and that "enlightened" me a bit was a running back inviting me to pizza after practice.  I sat with the entire RB crew, the linemen at a table across the way.  After a while, one of the linemen was yelling at our star RB... yo, you gettin' red tonight?  He kept saying what??  Yo, you gettin' red tonight??  I didn't know what the hell he meant.  Finally, this hot chick groupie came over, wearing a red mini skirt, started whispering in his ear for a couple minutes.  She left with her friend. 

I then had to leave 10 minutes later.  I get out to my car which was parked next to his and see a note stuck to his windshield wiper.  I couldn't help myself... look around, no one looking, so I grab and read it.  Hey baby, here's my number...  

High school kid growing up fast...  

Another fond memory was working a 12 hour night shift at my summer job right after high school, then immediately driving to Mankato for practice.  It was supposed to be a big scrimmage.  The rain came and it was called off.  Damn, I was so disappointed.  They moved practice inside and closed it off to the public.  I walked all around the gym area to the back wondering if I could see anything when I came across some glass windows and door to the hallway between their locker room and the gym.  Door was locked.  I got kinda embarrassed as players were looking at me wondering why the hell I was there standing in the rain... then all of a sudden the door opens and it was Brad Johnson.  In his southern gentleman accent, asked me if I wanted to come in out of the rain.  Dumbfounded, I said sure.  I proceeded to be the only fan inside watching practice and got a tour of the locker room. 

That kind of stuff, will be missed...