Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meet Holton Hill, the most interesting player in Vikings camp
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Truly an embarrassment of riches in the back four...if Hill plays up to expectations we might be able to parlay some DB talent into some OL help...  
what would X bring in draft compensation next offseason if he has another shut down year?  if Waynes show improvements,  could be resign Trey for less than what we are paying X,  and net a first or high 2nd in exchange?  I love X,  but we are in a position to parlay a strength into something valuable and save cap space in the process.   i know this is crazy to speculate on this early, but if we hit on Hughes and Hill,  their cheaper contracts and the addition of an early round pick to be used on help at other weaker areas might allow us to keep Richardson and the rest of the upcoming FAs.  i just dont see any of the other players that would be as valuable in the trade market and yield as high of cap space.
I wonder if you're trading the wrong guy. The benefit you see in trading XR (contract) is the same problem with moving him. I think Waynes is the one you might want to move. Considering his age and contract, I think he'd draw pert'near the same as XR, if not more. 

Probably a moot point this year, as I'm sure Zim wants all hands on deck for a Super Bowl. 

id say if we were to trade anyone it might be a sign and trade deal on waynes only because he’s younger. if huges/hill looks capable one of waynes or xr wont be on the squad next year.  id also be fine with shipping xr off for a first rounder. 

I see WR Stacy Coley suffered a groin strain yesterday....never good when you are fighting for a roster spot. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
id say if we were to trade anyone it might be a sign and trade deal on waynes only because he’s younger. if huges/hill looks capable one of waynes or xr wont be on the squad next year.  id also be fine with shipping xr off for a first rounder. 
It's very possible Waynes would draw a 1st as well. He's a former high 1st round pick who has almost justified that draft slot. And if he continues on his trajectory, he definitely will this season. One could argue that XR's value might even be lower when you consider he's two years older and the 3rd highest paid corner in the NFL. 

Why would Waynes agree to a deal with Minny just to get traded?  Why wouldn't he just opt for FA where he can decide who and where?  Besides aren't most of these contracts hard to trade in the first few years due to how they structure the signing bonuses?  To much of a cap hit type of thing?

Had another good day yesterday in one-on-one drill coverage. Not to get ahead of it, but this kid might make the final roster. What a find if so because he's physically ideal: 6'2", 200 lbs. 4.49 speed. A true outside NFL CB.

Imy thinking  they already  have  him penciled in  to make the team minus a major meltdown   no way would he stick on the practice  squad

Quote: @Viking1987 said:
Imy thinking  they already  have  him penciled in  to make the team minus a major meltdown   no way would he stick on the practice  squad
Yeah, coaches and especially opposing players don't gush about a player quite to this level unless there's really something exciting there. And if you're thinking Kyries Hebert, that was mostly a media thing.

That said, it was just 6 months ago that Hill was suspended for the rest of the year by his coach for violating team rules (meaning it was serious), and then failed a drug test at the combine (one he knew was coming), so I'm cautiously optimistic. Fingers crossed he makes it through all the post-camp partying with money to burn. On the good side, he's said to be a very smart kid. Also working in our favor is that the Vikings' research department seems to be batting very high on the character issues lately. 

I cannot imagine XR getting traded out of here, regardless of his considerable contract. Zim's head would explode. X is his guy. 

Quote: @prairieghost said:
I cannot imagine XR getting traded out of here, regardless of his considerable contract. Zim's head would explode. X is his guy. 
so is Waynes,  maybe more so since that was Zims first corner draft pick as HC.  Rhodes was taken the year before Zim got the job.  (not saying that he doesnt love him,  just that he likely has more invested professionally in Waynes than Rhodes.)

the only reason I keep thinking Rhodes is he is a name with more stock,  and should bring more in trade compensation than Waynes who is still building his name.  It is hard to think of trading Rhodes though considering how long we went without a top level DB that could literally take a player out of the game.  (no offense to Winfield)