Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sam Darnold still unsigned

Each day he misses is hurtful for his development.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
And furthermore, it shifts the probability of one of the veterans taking the day 1 starting job, and then not letting go of it.

I doubt he was starting week 1 anyway. Now he is only hurting his own development. What language issue takes this long. The Jets moved up to assure they would get one of the top QB's. Now want to quibble over if and when they can get out of paying him. Seems they don't trust their own decision making.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
I doubt he was starting week 1 anyway. Now he is only hurting his own development. What language issue takes this long. The Jets moved up to assure they would get one of the top QB's. Now want to quibble over if and when they can get out of paying him. Seems they don't trust their own decision making.
That or young Sam doesn't trust his own abilities and wants to milk every cent out of this initial contract since he won't likely get a second one.

Quote: @medaille said:
@StickyBun said:
And furthermore, it shifts the probability of one of the veterans taking the day 1 starting job, and then not letting go of it.
Absolutely. I think the Jets really would like Darnold to start sooner rather than later, but this will seriously hinder that.

and NY will fall in love with Teddy the same way Minny did and Sam Darnolds hold out will be a footnote in history.

It's incredible to hear how optimistic people are about his ability to start - and then read and realize he has missed 3 days of camp over "offset language."

Here is a guy most people believe has talent and ability to play at a high level - but there are the Jets... squeezing him for the ability to cut him in years 1-3 without having to pay him.

WTF!

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
and NY will fall in love with Teddy the same way Minny did and Sam Darnolds hold out will be a footnote in history.
Here's the thing: the Vikings moved on from Bridgewater for a reason. It was never discussed publicly that I'm aware of, but the team didn't want to put the future in his hands. My guess obviously is that the odds of re-injury is substantially higher than most. Its rumored that Teddy was hurt by Minnesota's decision. Darnold was selected #3 overall in the Draft, he's going to play at some point. Guaranteed.

Its going to be very interesting to see when and with what team Teddy will get a shot to play.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Here's the thing: the Vikings moved on from Bridgewater for a reason. It was never discussed publicly that I'm aware of, but the team didn't want to put the future in his hands. My guess obviously is that the odds of re-injury is substantially higher than most. Its rumored that Teddy was hurt by Minnesota's decision. Darnold was selected #3 overall in the Draft, he's going to play at some point. Guaranteed.

Its going to be very interesting to see when and with what team Teddy will get a shot to play.
OR they couldn't afford to put the future in his hand at the $$$ he wanted. Boy, it would have been interesting to be a fly on the wall when they were having these internal QB discussions on what to do. 

When does someone like a KC becomes available? Never. Stunning they jettisoned 3 qb's. 

They certainly did what they had to do imo. IT's tough to end the Teddy chapter the way it did though. So much promise and then that. What a tragedy.