Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It didn’t take long for Kirk Cousins to become Vikings’ leader
One thing I wonder about and its very nitpicky: Cousins lost some weight as he's on the same workout routine as Tom Brady. He looks like about 205 lbs, when he was about 10 lbs heavier than that earlier in his career. I hope he can hold up. He's leaner and not as muscular as he once was.

Quote: @Bezerker88 said:
“If there’s a quarterback competition, you don’t have one.”

What the hell?  Competition in a huge drive in this league.  Being handed a job is how a team can get lazy players.  So if there is an offensvie lineman competition... you don’t have one?   I could agree with the phrase that if you are starting/rotating QBs then you don’t have one... but lack of compettion is how you get Joe Webb starting in a playoff game after your team goes from 6-6 to 10-6.  No one’s spot on the roster should be protected and I always want the guy behind the starter pushing him to have a coach stay otherwise is a red flag for me.  

Now I know they’re not paying him 84 million just to bench him... but if he can’t get the job done(injury)... they’d better have a plan, you’d think given the Vikings QB history of late that we’d be wanting a “starter” to park behind our guy.  
I think you're missing the point of the adage: It's that if, at QB, it's not completely obvious that someone is the best.. it means that you don't have a good QB. There aren't enough good QBs in the league for one team to have two. It just doesn't happen.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
One thing I wonder about and its very nitpicky: Cousins lost some weight as he's on the same workout routine as Tom Brady. He looks like about 205 lbs, when he was about 10 lbs heavier than that earlier in his career. I hope he can hold up. He's leaner and not as muscular as he once was.
If it works as well for Kirk as it does Brady we might have a QB for the next 10 years. Though I think genes have something to do with it too. 

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
You have 5 offensive linemen on the field at once. You only have one QB at a time. I agree with his statement. I also agree with the your old adage. If you have two QB's you don't got one. Least not one good one. Competition is for backup QB on successful teams.
And what happens when you have 3?! 

You jettison them all lol! 

I have a problem with D-Flip already. Bump and run with an 8 iron? No sir. Needs to be a 7 or you get too much loft on the shot and not enough run. Offensive genius my ass Wink

Quote: @FSUVike said:
I have a problem with D-Flip already. Bump and run with an 8 iron? No sir. Needs to be a 7 or you get too much loft on the shot and not enough run. Offensive genius my ass Wink
its been a while since I golfed,  but I used everything from a 3 to an 8 on those bump and run shots,  it allowed me to keep a more consistent stroke on that shot and let the loft, or lack of,  determine my length or run out.  also depended on the lie in terms of thickness, depth and what not.