Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting article on the Rams, Gurley contract and potential fallout
I've seen a few of the more aware and non-lazy media members insinuate that the team in the NFC that might fall back a step are the L.A. Rams. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24184...onald-next

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I've seen a few of the more aware and non-lazy media members insinuate that the team in the NFC that might fall back a step are the L.A. Rams.
I was trying to make that argument to a guy at the gym the other day.  He was having none of it, talking about all the "talent" they added.  We agreed to disagree as he seemed like a Rams fan and it wasn't that important to me.

They had massive gains on O...the league might catch up to McVey and Goff...lots of talent and a couple world class malcontents...Yeah I could definitely see them sliding back a bit...

I think Gurley is the straw that stirs the drink in LA.  I think their offense takes a dramatic step back if he's out due to injury for any extended period of time.  I also think that they could be in some trouble if their OLine takes some injuries.  I don't think Goff is there yet as a QB, and an increase in pressure on him could be an issue for them.  I like their scheme, but I think we showed that if you take Gurley away and force Goff off his first read that it really hampers their offense.  I also think that McVay being a young coach could affect them as he just doesn't have as much experience as some of his peers.