Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Will Replace Sparano?
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@suncoastvike said:
@Caactorvike said:
im sure someine must have suggested Tice.  any thoughts or word?
Last I heard of Mike was from Mike. Said he's done coaching NFL players. For what that's worth. The article did drop his name. I'm not sure Mike would want this job. Come back to work for the owner who fired you. 
they sign his checks,  but technically he would be working for Zim.   I think meathead would be a good option to explore as long its understood he is being brought in on a one year deal and should be compensated as such.
I wouldn't be against it. I just not sure if he'd be for it. We could do worse. I'm actually a meathead fan. He did a admirable job here, everything considered. Cheap owner who gave him no supporting cast. 

The Vikings were still collecting names of potential candidates Tuesday afternoon, but according to an NFL source, both Steelers coach Mike Tomlin and retired Cardinals coach Bruce Arians reached out to Zimmer to recommend former Cardinals offensive coordinator Harold Goodwin, who was the Steelers’ offensive line coach from 2007-11 and spent 2012 with the Colts before joining Arians in Arizona. 
While the Vikings continued their search for candidates, assistant offensive line coach Andrew  was expected to lead the team’s group of linemen to start training camp.

http://www.startribune.com/despite-loade...489062461/

I would guess that flipper will have some ideas as well.

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@Caactorvike said:
im sure someine must have suggested Tice.  any thoughts or word?
you wonder if he’d do a one year deal. money would have to be right id imagine. Tice was Red Mccombs brainchild of cheap coaching 

Is Tice even coaching in the league anymore?  He was dismissed pretty unceremoniously by the Wilfs. I'd take him back in a heartbeat as an OL coach but I think those bridges are burned.  

Tice made many mistakes as a coach but as a line coach he was always able to elevate the O lines play.  Ive wondered what he could do with this bunch.  

Ask nicely, and I'll certainly consider doing it.
Two years Jr. peewee and one year frosh...

Some serious credentials.

Tice is done and I don't think the Wilfs are big fans of the guy. He had an old man rant when he announced his retirement from football saying players don't want to be coached today. Odds are its going to be Goodwin.

Tice seems like the kind of coach that fans would like but maybe players would see through his antics.

Quote: @SmashmouthD said:
Tice seems like the kind of coach that fans would like but maybe players would see through his antics.
I doubt hes the same goofy bastard now that he was when he was handed the reigns of the Vikings 15 year ago.

Tice's goofiness goes clear to the bone...it's in his DNA...the only thing more goofy than Tice is Goofy...