Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: The Original Scared the BeJesus out of me years ago...
This one might too... 

With John Carpenter involved, one can hope. 

Sorry, but count me in the "Oh FFS not another remake" club.  

That looks creepy as hell...

Not a horror fan. I can't stomach their bloody violence. Some are simply iconic though. Michael falls in that category for sure. Enjoy
I'm a Sci-fi & superhero fan myself. Never miss a Star wars, Marvel...ect. Saw Ant man & the Wasp last night. If you're a fan stay for the end credits. Interesting...

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
Not a horror fan. I can't stomach their bloody violence. Some are simply iconic though. Michael falls in that category for sure. Enjoy
I'm a Sci-fi & superhero fan myself. Never miss a Star wars, Marvel...ect. Saw Ant man & the Wasp last night. If you're a fan stay for the end credits. Interesting...
To each his own, but that's what I can't watch. All the superhero stuff. I think the last one I saw that I actually liked was the first Ironman. I think I'm getting old. I'm more into historical and political dramas like The Post, Dunkirk, Darkest Hour, Bridge of Spies.

I like a good horror movie if it's done right. One of the best made movies I ever saw was a horror film: Silence of the Lambs. I doubt I'll see this Halloween but there are a couple of really well done and creepy as hell scenes in that trailer.

Ha,

The trailer made my wife jump, a good sign.

George Romero's Night of the Living Dead - the original. Scared the hell out of me when it first came out - shocking movie in its day. 

Count me out on slasher films with no scare. I dont need violence to be scared. Halloween did both. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@suncoastvike said:
To each his own, but that's what I can't watch. All the superhero stuff. I think the last one I saw that I actually liked was the first Ironman. I think I'm getting old. I'm more into historical and political dramas like The Post, Dunkirk, Darkest Hour, Bridge of Spies.

I like a good horror movie if it's done right. One of the best made movies I ever saw was a horror film: Silence of the Lambs. I doubt I'll see this Halloween but there are a couple of really well done and creepy as hell scenes in that trailer.
I like a good historical drama as well. Unfortunately Hollywood takes alot of liberties with the historical part of them often. I just never have been into the blood and slashing part of modern horror. I still enjoy the less graphic violent ones of my childhood. Something I'm also not worried about watching with my grandson. You're right to each their own. Just can't stomach it myself. 
Ps: The original Silence of the Lamb is one I can and have watched. Even if I look away for some parts. That's nothing like the Freddy, Jason or Michael's of slashing though.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@suncoastvike said:

Carpenter back involved, looks less a reboot and more a continuation... I could dig this. I liked the Rob Zombie remake though so my tastes may be wrong lol.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
This one might too... 

With John Carpenter involved, one can hope. 

The original two were the best.