Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Anybody ever flown Norwegian Air
I let my girl book our trip and she went through Kayak or Expedia or whatever. I'd never heard of Norwegian but figured it'd be fine once I read the reviews for the 787s. Now I'm going down the rabbit hole on Reddit and getting conflicting reports: we're in economy (yuck). Do these seats recline? I'm 6'1" - how's the legroom? And most importantly, do I need to go to the duty free right now? I sure as shit am not gonna be sober for this and I'm not paying $100+ to drink out of a plastic cup and ring my call button every 30 minutes. 

Thanks. (Flight is in 3 hours so time is of the essence.)

please somebody answer him with a "ya sure you betcha there"

Haven't myself just googled Reviews average between 3 to 4.5 stars.  (of 5)Didn't sound like an abundance of snacks so you may need to bring something.
As for the plane design, they must have got it from male dogs
[Image: norwegian.jpg]

6'1"?  Boo hoo.  I'll take some cramped leg room once in a while, if it means I could be taller than 5'9".  I mean, I enjoyed dating a girl that was 6'2"... but most people looked at us funny (let's face it, they looked at me funny).

Seriously, though... I have no idea about your airplane.  Hope it stays up in the air as long as it's supposed to.   :p

Quote: @KingBash said:
I let my girl book our trip and she went through Kayak or Expedia or whatever. I'd never heard of Norwegian but figured it'd be fine once I read the reviews for the 787s. Now I'm going down the rabbit hole on Reddit and getting conflicting reports: we're in economy (yuck). Do these seats recline? I'm 6'1" - how's the legroom? And most importantly, do I need to go to the duty free right now? I sure as shit am not gonna be sober for this and I'm not paying $100+ to drink out of a plastic cup and ring my call button every 30 minutes. 

Try flying from San Fran to China - Im 6'6" and 275lbs. I was going to be stuck in the middle of a wide plane (the 5 seat wide center area) - Lady asked if I would like to upgrade to Business Class. BEST $500.00 Ive ever spent. It was like a 11+ hour flight if I remember right. I had seat that reclined all the way back, Free champagne and drinks, TONS of room and a HUGE comfy seat / free headphones and my own TV in front of me etc. I think if I had not done this my knees would have buckled and I could never have walked again. See if you can upgrade when you get to the airport - sometimes they may have deals.

Flying just sucks. Period.

grab your bags, drive & park & shuttle or drop off, pick up?
TSA is always a ball buster, going through all your shit, unpacking, shoes off, endless lines. 

boarding takes twice as long as it should because people are back and forth in their overhead compartment.

You've always got "that guy" on his cell phone that needs to call right before the plane takes off...and the very second the plane touches down.

Theres always "baby's first flight", and I understand their ears are hurting, but I start to truly empathize with the guy from "God Bless America". Or I get the "sick person" coughing and hacking behind me.

I snore, so my wife elbows me in the ribs when I drop off so I don't bother the screaming baby or the person coughing behind me.

theres the guy that has to be the first one to stand in the aisle. (Usually the phone guy)

rental car car lines are a PITA and no I don't want your extra insurance or purchase your gas, just get me on my way.....

but then....

Hawaii....ah....trade winds, plumeria, water that looks like windex, sugar sand beaches, shave ice....

...two more weeks.

Quote: @NorthernCalVike said:
@KingBash said:

Try flying from San Fran to China - Im 6'6" and 275lbs. I was going to be stuck in the middle of a wide plane (the 5 seat wide center area) - Lady asked if I would like to upgrade to Business Class. BEST $500.00 Ive ever spent. It was like a 11+ hour flight if I remember right. I had seat that reclined all the way back, Free champagne and drinks, TONS of room and a HUGE comfy seat / free headphones and my own TV in front of me etc. I think if I had not done this my knees would have buckled and I could never have walked again. See if you can upgrade when you get to the airport - sometimes they may have deals.
I clicked "dislike"... purely out of jealousy.  I can't imagine how much better my life could've been... if I was 6'6" !  Not many opportunities for 5'9" offensive linemen...  B)

Uff da nei. I can smell the lutefisk on the diner cart now.

Can't imagine it'd be any worse than how bad our main US airlines have gotten.

It cant possibly be worse than Spirit Airlines.....I swear they would charge you for taking a piss or breathing too much while in flight if they could.