Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ugliness at AAU game

I love how sport brings out the best in its participants.   now of course there will be allegations of racial slurs and other such shit,  but we will likely never find out how this all came to be.  apparently the offending teams coach made some comments on twitter accusing the ref of starting it,  but then later deleted his comments so ????  of course that ref kept going at those kids after it was broke up so he was plenty hot and certainly deserving of some blame.

Speaking of youth sports, my son's all-star baseball team lost to North Boulder 19 to 0 on Saturday. It only went 4 innings. When I left his 2nd game yesterday, North Boulder was beating another Denver team 26-0 in the 2nd inning. This is a team of 12-year old cyborgs. When I was a 12-year-old all star, my team lost to a pitcher who would eventually go on to play for the Orioles (Jeff Ballard), and this North Boulder team would've kicked their asses. Remember this North Boulder team when the little league world series rolls around. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Speaking of youth sports, my son's all-star baseball team lost to North Boulder 19 to 0 on Saturday. It only went 4 innings. When I left his 2nd game yesterday, North Boulder was beating another Denver team 26-0 in the 2nd inning. This is a team of 12-year old cyborgs. When I was a 12-year-old all star, my team lost to a pitcher who would eventually go on to play for the Orioles (Jeff Ballard), and this North Boulder team would've kicked their asses. Remember this North Boulder team when the little league world series rolls around. 
Their pitching must be off-the-charts good. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
To give you an idea, my son's league picked all stars from a league of two teams. North Boulder picked from a league of 10 teams. In other words, they have 10 aces. I only saw three, but each was mostly unhittable. They pitched their rotation like MLB teams. A starter, a mid-reliever and a closer, which isn't very common at this level. It also means they never get into pitch count problems. My son hit the dirt on one pitch and it was a nasty curve that broke across the plate. He might have seen a handful of curves all summer, certainly nothing like that. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
To give you an idea, my son's league picked all stars from a league of two teams. North Boulder picked from a league of 10 teams. In other words, they have 10 aces. I only saw three, but each was mostly unhittable. They pitched their rotation like MLB teams. A starter, a mid-reliever and a closer, which isn't very common at this level. It also means they never get into pitch count problems. My son hit the dirt on one pitch and it was a nasty curve that broke across the plate. He might have seen a handful of curves all summer, certainly nothing like that. 
tell him good plan... i remember facing a kid ( I later caught him) that ended up with the braves organization in the 90s,  he was throwing some nasty benders at me and finally I sacked up and stood in there and he lost control of his fast ball inside... i was thinking on turning on his next curve and started to open up my swing... well it was a thigh high pitch that grazed the bottom of my cup and left the nastiest bruise on my upper inner thigh.  that close to disaster... I never trusted him again even though he had big league control..usually.

I got an email from AAU that said this was not AAU.  

Quote: @A1Janitor said:
I got an email from AAU that said this was not AAU.  

The article I believe even says they are AAU teams but playing a non-sanctioned AAU game.