Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good article on Percy Harvin

I read that earlier this morning, also. Mental health is a real problem in this country, mainly because there's no easy way to start the process of treating it and it still has stigma attached. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I read that earlier this morning, also. Mental health is a real problem in this country, mainly because there's no easy way to start the process of treating it and it still has stigma attached. 
Especially in the uber-macho football world.

Glad to read Les Pico was of help to him...

Wish Percy and his family well. I loved watching him in purple.

I am glad he is getting the help he needs. I hope for the best for him. It's good that he can help others.

Ah Percy....maybe the only guy who disliked Brad Childress more then I did =)

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
Wasn't  Childress the coach that T.O. went after in Philly? I know Moss didn't care much for him either.

Could always tell he played with an edge.  A dangerous edge.  If the claims of extreme sleeplessness are legit, that would have been a tough road.   Glad he is seemingly figuring it out, and for the right reasons so he can be a dad to his son.

Quote: @SouthCarolinaViking said:
@supafreak84 said:
Wasn't  Childress the coach that T.O. went after in Philly? I know Moss didn't care much for him either.
I cant remember, but I cant think of too many players who came out in support of that guy as a good coach. He was bad....as evidenced by him never getting another NFL head coaching position.

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@SouthCarolinaViking said:
@supafreak84 said:
I cant remember, but I cant think of too many players who came out in support of that guy as a good coach. He was bad....as evidenced by him never getting another NFL head coaching position.
Reminds me of Mike Tice a bit. He's was beloved on forums, but he was a knucklehead. Many thought he'd be a head coach again after Minnesota....no way. Cheap ass McCombs is the only reason the guy got a shot. He retired earlier this year with an old man rant about how 'players don't want to be coached' in today's NFL.