Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Illegal Use Of Hands Earns Winston A 3 Game Suspension...Or More
Jameis Winston - QB - BuccaneersESPN's Adam Schefter reports Jameis Winston will be suspended three games for violating the league's personal-conduct policy.
Per Schefter, the league "still has not notified Winston of its official decision," and "the circumstances surrounding it still could lead to an increase or decrease of the three games." The ban is the result of Winston's alleged March 2016 groping of an Uber driver. He was not charged with a crime in the incident. The timing is devastating for the Bucs, who will travel to New Orleans in Week 1 before hosting the Eagles and Steelers in back-to-back weeks. As coach Dirk Koetter coaches for his job, he will be doing so with Ryan Fitzpatrick under center. The expected ban is a mammoth blow to Winston's fantasy value. He had been looking like a value pick as the QB19 according to Fantasy Football Calculator. Fitzpatrick's presence under center doesn't really affect the outlook for players like Mike Evans and Cameron Brate. Fitz loves to throw with the best of them.Related: Ryan FitzpatrickSource: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Well of course he does, we have tickets to the Eagles Bucs game...

Not surprising considering his past but still odd. The fact it was 2 years ago and there was no movement on the case. The locals here in the media were all over it. There was almost no spectulation on it's out come. Many thought nothing would happen. Then a 3 game suspension and no appeals from Jamis. What did they have and when did they have it. I mean Jamis did have a rock solid witness Ronald Darby. The very same witness that he didn't rape that girl at FSU. So you know he's impartial. Not exactly what you want to start out what the local and national media are calling your prove it season.

For the record I never got over what happened there at FSU. The way the DA had that press conference that I swear was about to break into the FSU war chant at any minute. Or how the Tallahassee police mishandled it by letting the campus police cover up...err I mean investigate it.
That poor girl got raped twice once by Jamis and a second time by the people she went to for help. It not for a St Petersburg times reporter snooping around the cover up would have been a success. At least that girl sued his punk ass and the school. She got some justice I guess. 

Disclaimer: I'm a adopted Gator fan. Picked them over the better Noles and Canes at the time. When I moved to Florida Gallan Hall was the coach and they were garbage and the Canes were putting out NFL QB's and winning championship. I liked Gator fans best.

I think Jameis is a little nuts....or at the least, eccentric. Tough to have the face of your franchise doing incredibly stupid shit like this.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I think Jameis is a little nuts....or at the least, eccentric. Tough to have the face of your franchise doing incredibly stupid shit like this.
I think it's more about never being forced to have accountability. He was protected as a top prospect out of High School. Had several brush ups at college. Before the most serious. Was always protected from having to face his choices. He uses people because he feels entitled too.  He reminds me of a guy who says they used me for a national championship run they owe me. Everyone on his teams college and Bucs say what a great teammate he is. I dont know. Is he team 1st when he does stupid stuff like this to embarrass his team? Or does he just feel too important to ever follow any society rules.  Even one of my personal favs. Men don't hurt women. That is a character flaw in a team leader that I'm glad we don't have. Kirk is looking better every day. HaHa...

He's definitely unstable at best, and possibly a serial sexual predator at worst.  Either way, there's no way in hell I would want his dumbass as the face of the franchise nor would I want to follow him if I was a player on that team.

A Darren sharper in training

Glad this guy is in Tampa.  Good luck, Bucs fans....

Entitlement...   Confused 

Quote: @Kentis said:
Entitlement...   Confused 
I believe the clinical term is "affluenza"  or is winston  a poor kid that makes horrendous decisions and has never been held accountable?

It's his crowd. Grew up with them in Birmingham and they're his crew.

Not saying he's got a Ray Lewis posse but it's clear they're enablers and hangers on instead of telling him he's putting his career in jeopardy.

And Ronald Darby was present for both incidents involving women.

Lewis got scared into dumping his whole crew after the trial. I wonder if this will scare Winston into making a similar change. I doubt it.