Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: NBA Draft
Can anybody explain to me why the TWolves only have 1 first round pick in the NBA draft tonight?  I see the 1st rounder we got from the Jazz (thunders pick) from the rubio trade,  but what happened to their own first rounder?
Why isn't Chuck Foreman in the Hall of Fame?

i dont remember exactly but they traded it for a scrub player a PF IIRC

Quote: @Bullazin said:
i dont remember exactly but they traded it for a scrub player a PF IIRC
Adrien Payne?

So what yall think about Okogie and Bates Diop?   Since i am kind of a lame wolves rube; im gonna admit i saw a little Westbrook watching Okogie highlights Smile

I dont know much about any of the picks this year  but i have to think that with the wolves luck the next 2 guys drafted after their pick will likely be all stars.

The past couple years, I finally feel like the Wolves have a plan and are executing it.  Their drafting has been much better and both the players selected this draft seem like fits for what Thibs wants to do.

Bates-Diop is being lauded by many as "the steal of the draft"...

It was for the failed Payne Train experience.
I think Okogie and KBD seem like they could be solid role players. I'm excited tonseenhiw they are used.

I was excited last year about Justin Patton... then he broke his foot like 2 weeks after the draft, played 4 minutes in one game the entire season, then had more work on the same foot this offseason so he's likely to miss summer league again. Because Timberwolves.

Lesson learned.  All you need to know is that this is the franchise that passed on Steph Curry TWICE... for Ricky Rubio and Jonny Flynn.

OK, now that I've got my cynicism out of the way (for now), if these two can just be decent bench players that would be huge for a team that didn't really have a bench last year (the price of the Butler trade plus Patton's injury).

I don't follow it, but anyone think its kind of dumb how a team will draft a guy and then trade him 5 picks later?