Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TCO Perfomance Center To Be Forever Marred
Leadership in any organization is difficult, especially one under a microscope with so many moving parts...like the NFL.   I've always said that if you live in the media, you die in the media (been there, on a small stage).  It doesn't really define who you are internally...you are subject to the interpretation of and by the media.  Goodell has been in some challenging positions, and he has made some unpopular decisions.  He is still the Commissioner of the NFL.  And for the person in that position to recognize our team, our owners and come out for this event is a good thing for everyone.  Don't blow it out of proportion, good or bad.  His mere presence, in his position, brings greater recognition to the investment that the Wilf's have made, to make the Vikings stay in Minnesota, and for a bright future in the Twin Cities.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@StickyBun said:
Am I the only one that doesn't hate Goodell? I have zero problem with the guy.
Nope. I think people will hate the next guy too. I don't have zero problems with him but he's doing better then do nothing Tagliabue. Funny thing is the masses hate him mostly because of the 2007 personal conduct policy. People screamed that players were out of control. Now they scream he's out of control for suspending our player. 
I hold Tagliabue accountable for the NIGHTMARE Hershal Walker trade. Behind the scenes he made it happen - coerced you might say - our ownership to give away all our current and future draftpricks so the fucking Cowboys could rebuild. At least that's what the conspiracy side of me says. That being said, I got no problems with Goodell. I think he has helped my beloved franchise stay in MN. 

Quote: @NorthernCalVike said:
@suncoastvike said:
@StickyBun said:
Nope. I think people will hate the next guy too. I don't have zero problems with him but he's doing better then do nothing Tagliabue. Funny thing is the masses hate him mostly because of the 2007 personal conduct policy. People screamed that players were out of control. Now they scream he's out of control for suspending our player. 
I hold Tagliabue accountable for the NIGHTMARE Hershal Walker trade. Behind the scenes he made it happen - coerced you might say - our ownership to give away all our current and future draftpricks so the fucking Cowboys could rebuild. At least that's what the conspiracy side of me says. That being said, I got no problems with Goodell. I think he has helped my beloved franchise stay in MN. 
I had alot of questions about the timelines, Rozelle's retirement before the trade and even how the 1992 Super Bowl was awarded. Mike Lynn leaving to run the new NFL Europe.  Lots of moving parts. Some seemed shady. I've read the conspiracy too. Never prove anything that's the problem.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Personally, I've always been confused by it. Always felt like there was something that I just didn't know about. No problem here...unless you want to consider whatever part he played in the ridiculous anthem decision. 

He's the only guy I know who will get booed at his own funeral...
[Image: fire-roger-goodell-meme-11.jpeg]

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I like Roger Goodell, I think he's been great for the NFL.

For me, I'll never be able to forgive Goodell for not firing Birch after the bumetanide/StarCaps episode.  Once Lombardo brought the UofU results to him, he had a moral obligation to escalate the issue before someone died of dehydration. Instead Birch sat on the results to make examples out of some players. The fact that Goodell didn't fire Birch indicates Goodell is okay with gambling with other people's lives to make a point.

Quote: @Scoog said:
For me, I'll never be able to forgive Goodell for not firing Birch after the bumetanide/StarCaps episode.  Once Lombardo brought the UofU results to him, he had a moral obligation to escalate the issue before someone died of dehydration. Instead Birch sat on the results to make examples out of some players. The fact that Goodell didn't fire Birch indicates Goodell is okay with gambling with other people's lives to make a point.
it was the uneven handling of the issue,  the Vikings get roasted,  the others got pardons.