Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Laquon Treadwell Make the Leap?
Since Laquon Treadwell was drafted in the first round, with the #23 overall pick, by the Vikings in 2016, he has failed to deliver on the expectations that go with being drafted that high. There have been a few issues that have accounted for his falling well short of expectations so far, so let’s take a look at them and also his prospects for fulfilling his promise as he enters his third year in the NFL.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2018/6/6/1...e-the-leap

I would be happy with a 500 yard season.  He won't get more with Diggs and Theilen in front of him. 

Agree a 500 yard season would be nice.  That would be about 50 catches.  I'm not so sure their will be enough pass plays to go around for him to get 50 catches but I guess it is possible as teams double up on undrafted Adam and 5th rounder Diggs.   

Then he will be a 23 year old free agent and too expensive to 5th year option.  Good problem to have but probably last year as a Viking.  

I'm going to say no. There's no way he gets enough touches unless we have a a few key injuries. Who I will leave unnamed as to not jinx anybody or we're screwed. He will not ever live up to the 1st round billing. Think 30-35 catches maybe 350 yards is about it. Normally you would say that's ok for your 4th WR. Unless he was a 1st round pick. That would be more then he got in his 1st 2 years combined. I wished was different. Seems like a wasted pick. We thought we needed a WR in the draft in 2016 only to find out we had 2 and he never developed. Should have drafted a Olineman. Easy to say now.

Well, I never want one of these kids to fail. But I'm not sure I care anymore to be honest. Easy to forget about him with Diggs and Thielen as starters. 

Then I remind myself it's a long season, Diggs can't stay healthy and you cant flood the field with too many good skill players with how good NFL D's are. 

I think this is his last year in Minnesota.

So far he is holding off Wright from the #3 WR slot...I'm HOPING he makes the jump, but I'm not counting on it...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
So far he is holding off Wright from the #3 WR slot...I'm HOPING he makes the jump, but I'm not counting on it...
I got to wonder. Is he holding off Wright or are they? I think when you draft a guy in the 1st you try that much harder to make it work. However once the minutes start really counting then it's about best player not favored. If he's #3 when the season starts he held off Wright.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I think this is his last year in Minnesota.
Yep. Sad but true. Seen this too many times now. 1st round WR pick not living up to receiving a 2nd contract. We should just load up on 4th - UDFA's every year. We have better luck there now.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
I got to wonder. Is he holding off Wright or are they? I think when you draft a guy in the 1st you try that much harder to make it work. However once the minutes start really counting then it's about best player not favored. If he's #3 when the season starts he held off Wright.
Considering how much we run, I'd say he's legitimately in front of Wright...kid can block...

So, where on the sun coast are you?