Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plus He's Going Blind
Shane Ray - LB - BroncosNBC Denver reports Broncos OLB Shane Ray likely requires another operation on his left wrist.
It would be Ray's fourth left wrist operation since last year. Per reporter Mike Klis, the surgery would not be season-ending, but Ray is seeking a second opinion. Ray's wrist was probably the determining factor in the Broncos' decision not to exercise his fifth-year team option for 2019. His status should be updated in the coming days.Source: Mike Klis on Twitter

LOL to the Headline.

When John Elway took over as GM of the Broncos his first pick was Von Miller at 2nd overall. Pretty tough to miss on that one.

Since Miller, the Broncos have drafted the following players in the first three rounds (not counting the last two years since it's too early to tell on those guys). Not a single pro bowler and a string of busts. 

Rahim  Moore (bust)
Nate Irving (bust)
Derek Wolfe (solid)
Brock Osweiler (bust)
Ronnie Hillman (bust)
Sylvester Williams (bust)
Montee Ball (bust)
Kayvon Webster (bust)
Bradley Roby (bust)
Cody Latimer (bust)
Michael Schofield (bust)
Shane Ray (inj. bust)
Ty Sambrailo  (bust)
Jeff Heuerman (bust)
Paxton Lynch (bust)
Adam Gotsis (OK)
Justin Simmons (OK)

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
When John Elway took over as GM of the Broncos his first pick was Von Miller at 2nd overall. Pretty tough to miss on that one.

Since Miller, the Broncos have drafted the following players in the first three rounds (not counting the last two years since it's too early to tell on those guys). Not a single pro bowler and a string of busts. 

Rahim  Moore (bust)
Nate Irving (bust)
Derek Wolfe (solid)
Brock Osweiler (bust)
Ronnie Hillman (bust)
Montee Ball (bust)
Kayvon Webster (bust)
Bradley Roby (bust)
Cody Latimer (bust)
Michael Schofield (bust)
Shane Ray (inj. bust)
Ty Sambrailo  (bust)
Jeff Heuerman (bust)
Paxton Lynch (bust)
Adam Gotsis (OK)
Justin Simmons (OK)
how many of those were reaches?  and by reaches I mean at least a full round or 2 higher than they should have been selected?  I hate donkey face, but is it his drafting or the lack of competent coaching?  its monumentally hard to miss that much on early round draft picks isnt it?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:

Rahim  Moore (bust)
Nate Irving (bust)
Derek Wolfe (solid)
Brock Osweiler (bust)
Ronnie Hillman (bust)
Montee Ball (bust)
Kayvon Webster (bust)
Bradley Roby (bust)
Cody Latimer (bust)
Michael Schofield (bust)
Shane Ray (inj. bust)
Ty Sambrailo  (bust)
Jeff Heuerman (bust)
Paxton Lynch (bust)
Adam Gotsis (OK)
Justin Simmons (OK)
how many of those were reaches?  and by reaches I mean at least a full round or 2 higher than they should have been selected?  I hate donkey face, but is it his drafting or the lack of competent coaching?  its monumentally hard to miss that much on early round draft picks isnt it?
It's just bad drafting. A lot of these guys are free agents right now, or will be soon (Lynch, Osweiler). I called Sylvester Williams and Montee Ball busts before they were even drafted. They have another soon to be bust they drafted last year in Garett Bolles. Elway is beloved in this town, but his terrible drafting is becoming legendary here. 

That said, I think he now knows HE'S the problem. He let Kubiak pick his QB this year (Keenum) and they had a really nice draft, which seems to indicate he's less involved. 

Lol Barr...