Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who could be a breakout vet?
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Can't consider him a breakout candidate, per se, but I think Kendall Wright is going to be the player that surprises us all. And if that happens, it's going to be hard for Treadwell to make much of an impression as the #4 receiver, even if he makes big strides this year. 
Cousins likes to spread the ball around a lot more than the last couple of QBs. DFlip likes to utilize every tool on the belt.  Plus, he doesn't have a player like Clement on this roster.

For those reasons alone Treadwell stands to get a lot more targets than last yesr. Up to him now to do something with them.

Personally, I'm not counting on any of the Lottery ticket DEs to step up. Hitting on Weatherly or Bowers or Aruna is unlikely considering when they were drafted and you treat one of them panning out like a surprise gift 

Increased pass rushing will come from Sheldon and Barr putting a hand in the dirt. More blowouts due to better Offense will get Griff the rest he needs to be ready for a playoff run.

Mac Alexander is the one I have my eyes on. He was a beast on the outside in the ACC and somewhat miscast as a Slot CB.

Plus, aggressive CBs need to be broken and trained like horses to work in Zimmer's system.

I'm hopeful that he breaks out as the primary backup to.X and Waynes and becomes one of.the best Dime CBs in the League. That would also provide leverage in contract talks with Trae.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@MaroonBells said:
Can't consider him a breakout candidate, per se, but I think Kendall Wright is going to be the player that surprises us all. And if that happens, it's going to be hard for Treadwell to make much of an impression as the #4 receiver, even if he makes big strides this year. 
I like your thinking. I agree KW wouldn't be a true break out at this point. Maybe more a comeback. Either way. If he and Treadwell both emerged. WOW could you imagine Wright and Treadwell 3&4 along with Diggs, Thielen and Rudolph... Sorry, I just drooled a little bit.
It all seems to be coming together, doesn't it? But man I sure wish the Rams, Falcons, Eagles and Saints weren't also hitting their peak rosters. That is a constant source of frustration that I can't seem to get over this offseason. This is by far the most talented roster the Vikings have ever put together. It's got 19-0 potential. But god DAMN if those other teams aren't putting together historic rosters as well. Hey luck, be a lady in braids this year. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@suncoastvike said:
@MaroonBells said:
I like your thinking. I agree KW wouldn't be a true break out at this point. Maybe more a comeback. Either way. If he and Treadwell both emerged. WOW could you imagine Wright and Treadwell 3&4 along with Diggs, Thielen and Rudolph... Sorry, I just drooled a little bit.
It all seems to be coming together, doesn't it? But man I sure wish the Rams, Falcons, Eagles and Saints weren't also hitting their peak rosters. That is a constant source of frustration that I can't seem to get over this offseason. This is by far the most talented roster the Vikings have ever put together. It's got 19-0 potential. But god DAMN if those other teams aren't putting together historic rosters as well. Hey luck, be a lady in braids this year. 
Damn you buzz killer.