Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cool little Brian Robison write-up
https://www.upi.com/https:/www.upi.com/S...528238160/

[Image: Minnesota-Vikings-DE-Brian-Robison-expec...season.jpg]

Minnesota Vikings veteran defensive end Brian Robison was close to walking away from the game last month.
Now, after taking a pay cut for the second straight year, Robison acknowledged he is fairly certain the 2018 season will be his 12th and final one in the NFL.
"More than likely, I think it is," Robison told the Pioneer Press on Tuesday during organized team activities. "I've talked to my wife and family about it and the body's just getting to that point.

"I'm not going to make that decision wholeheartedly until probably the season starts, but I would say more than likely it probably will be [his final season]. ... If you ask me that in August, I'll have a definite answer."
The 35-year-old Robison told the newspaper he was mulling retirement last month, terming it a 50-50 decision. After losing his starting job last season, he agreed to a pay cut from $3.5 million to $1.015 million in May.
"I've been around this business long enough to have kind of learned the business because I wanted to, and I kind of knew [a pay cut] was coming. I didn't think it'd be that much, but I definitely saw it coming," said Robison. "Me and [Vikings general manager] Rick Spielman actually had a conversation about it, and I think for me it was just making the right decision for me and my family."
Robison also agreed to restructure his contract in April 2017, having his salary slashed from $5.6 million to $4 million in exchange for a boost to his 2018 salary. He gave up the increase to continue playing.
"I've given a lot of sacrifices on my part to stay here. At the end of the day, the Vikings have been willing to keep me here," said Robison. "I try to handle everything with class. At the end of the day, it's more important for me to be seen as a good person more than just a good player or a good athlete, so I want to try to handle everything in a way that the younger generation can look toward me and see me as a good man, not only as a good football player."
Robison has spent his entire career with Minnesota, starting all but one game during a six-year span from 2011-16. He registered 42.5 of his 60 career sacks during that span.
Last season, Robison appeared in 15 games, making one start, and had four sacks, 28 tackles and three forced fumbles in part-time duty.
"When I came in here [in 2014], I didn't know much about him, but the thing that he's done really well is bought into what we're trying to preach from a team defense, a team aspect of things," said Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer. "He's been a good leader. He's not always afraid to voice an opinion on the things we're trying to get done, and I think it's great to have him here."

Dang give him back his $$$...lol.
What a great team guy. When it does end for him he will be missed. Good health BRob. I would be sick if you got hurt badly for what they're paying you.

He’s really not that small.

Quote: @Purplewhizz said:
He’s really not that small.
they must have gotten the Robisons confused.... :p  Just kiddin Pops!

And this right here is why I love him so much and why I root for him. He handles everything with such class and selflessness. How can you not root for him? He is everything you want in a player because he looks beyond himself and the team, he looks at his impact on others. That's pretty freaking amazing.

"I've given a lot of sacrifices on my part to stay here. At the end of the day, the Vikings have been willing to keep me here," said Robison. "I try to handle everything with class. At the end of the day, it's more important for me to be seen as a good person more than just a good player or a good athlete, so I want to try to handle everything in a way that the younger generation can look toward me and see me as a good man, not only as a good football player."

Heres the reason every Vikings fan should love Brian...something we've all wished we could do at multiple points in our life.... :p

https://goo.gl/images/4i8msp

Quote: @Vikergirl said:

"I've given a lot of sacrifices on my part to stay here. At the end of the day, the Vikings have been willing to keep me here," said Robison. "I try to handle everything with class. At the end of the day, it's more important for me to be seen as a good person more than just a good player or a good athlete, so I want to try to handle everything in a way that the younger generation can look toward me and see me as a good man, not only as a good football player."
I really wish more players would see the value in doing it this way. It's so rare for a player to be drafted, play his entire career and then retire from the same team. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
Heres the reason every Vikings fan should live Brian...something we've all wished we could do at multiple points in our life.... :p

LMAO
Man he caught holy hell over that on his social media for a long time. And he handled that incident with total class too.  Which I surely could not have done. Nobody cared that Lang first tried to make him land on his back and purposely tried to hurt him and then walked up to him on the ground and sneakily kicked him in the butt before Brian ever retaliated. Nope I would have lost my shit on social media, in fact, i think I did on PT back then.

Quote: @96POPS said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Heres the reason every Vikings fan should live Brian...something we've all wished we could do at multiple points in our life.... :p

LMAO
Man he caught holy hell over that on his social media for a long time. And he handled that incident with total class too.  Which I surely could not have done. Nobody cared that Lang first tried to make him land on his back and purposely tried to hurt him and then walked up to him on the ground and sneakily kicked him in the butt before Brian ever retaliated. Nope I would have lost my shit on social media, in fact, i think I did on PT back then.
I saw it live with my cheese head in laws and defended him from the moment it happened.  it was apparent immediately that Lang was up to some shit and got what he deserved... just like about every other cheese dick I know... they are victims as soon as they get what they got coming.

I've said it many times. BRob is a class act - one heck of a man, player, human being, etc. He deserves any & all praise he gets. We/they couldn't ask for a better role model.