Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"He's ready now"
When asked if Dalvin Cook (knee) would be ready for Week 1, Vikings coach Mike Zimmer said the running back is ready "now."
Zimmer added that Cook will get at least "some reps" during the preseason, though his exact workload has yet to be determined. Cook is coming off a torn ACL but has shown no lingering effects throughout training camp. The second-year back is being drafted as a borderline RB1 in most formats.
Source: Courtney Cronin on Twitter

This. This is our biggest off-season boost. This puts us over the top. Top 5 back. I love me some Chuck Foreman. This guy is going to have the same impact as #44 did. I. Can't. Wait.

Was heartbroken when Cook went down last year...Yup, getting Cook and Hughes this year is like having two #1 draft choices in one year.

This is one, loaded Vikings team. Pack fans I talk to are not convinced their team is going to keep pace. 

Wonder what the over/under on carries is for Dalvin this season? Assuming he stays healthy and with Latavius getting a good # of reps, I'd say 230 for DC. 

Cook is looking sharp. More important, aggressive. He looks like he is playing with a big chip on his shoulder and is gonna run hard. I pity any LB assigned to covering him out of the backfield. 

He looks phenomenal. He is in great shape and running like a man determined to have an impact. It's so awesome to see him back.

what a difference he would have made last year in the playoffs.
 I hope they use Murray a lot during the season and keep Cook fresh for the late season big games.

Quote: @Poiple said:
what a difference he would have made last year in the playoffs.
 I hope they use Murray a lot during the season and keep Cook fresh for the late season big games.
Yup,

I was a bit concerned last year at the # of carries he was getting early on. 

Agreed, he’s our stud but they don’t need to grind him down with a very capable Murray available to help. I really like Murray in close as well. Keep this guy healthy! So happy to have him back.