Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Cousins is Primed for Career Season
http://tv5.espn.com/blog/minnesota-vikin...th-vikings'

If by career season you mean a lot of Ws, a potential Super Bowl and being viewed as an "elite" QB, then I agree. But I think anyone looking for another 4K season from KC could be disappointed. Vikings have the best defense in the NFL. They also should have one of the NFL's best run games. Those two things don't often combine to give you 4K seasons by the QB. 

especially if cook stays healthy. if not you would see the ball flying everywhere

Idk 4000 yds is only 250/game average, s/b doable, lots of yak, receivers running free getting
the ball downfield, multiple TE sets, Cook out of the backfield! Imagine the possibilities... B)

I dont think it's a stretch that KC would trade 4000k yards for 3100 of em and a deep playoff run...That said, there will undoubtedly be games where he will need to win the game for us, hope he's up for it. 

Quote: @Kentis said:
Idk 4000 yds is only 250/game average, s/b doable, lots of yak, receivers running free getting
the ball downfield, multiple TE sets, Cook out of the backfield! Imagine the possibilities... B)
The combination of Bradford and Keenum combined for a little over 3,900 yards last season.

I don't think it's a stretch to think that a better QB in Cousins could slightly outproduce them this season.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@Kentis said:
The combination of Bradford and Keenum combined for a little over 3,900 yards last season.

I don't think it's a stretch to think that a better QB in Cousins could slightly outproduce them this season.
Last year the Vikings passed 527 times and ran it 501.  That's 21st in pass attempts and 2nd in rushes.  The Vikings can't get much more run-heavy.  

Favre threw for 4,200 yards in 2009 while feeding Peterson, who rarely was a pass-catcher.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@Kentis said:

between firing the guy who put up pretty good numbers for them last season and giving his replacement a record breaking guranteed blockbuster contract, I think it is within reason for fans to have high expectations.  Especially if the cost of that contract is going to preclude them from retaining some of the talent they already have.

13 wins in the regular season will be tough to reproduce.....I think its the playoffs and the team's upside there that the team thinks Cousins can excel at with this team. Vikings were a miracle play from one and done playing at home last season in the playoffs...that seems to get lost with some fans. Keenum hadn't thrown a TD in the New Orleans game until the last play of the game. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
13 wins in the regular season will be tough to reproduce.....I think its the playoffs and the team's upside there that the team thinks Cousins can excel at with this team. Vikings were a miracle play from one and done playing at home last season in the playoffs...that seems to get lost with some fans. Keenum hadn't thrown a TD in the New Orleans game until the last play of the game. 
A good point but at the same time you could include that the Vikings were up 17-0 late in the third.  There is a lot of blame to go around besides the second string QB.