Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 Possible trades Vikings could make
Quote: @Scoog said:
@Ralphie said:
@suncoastvike said:
Nobody is going to trade for a kicker that everyone knows is getting cut. You don't trade up to draft a kicker to compete in camp. They should do Forbath a solid and just cut him so he can compete.
I'm like, "who trades for a kicker these days?"
Someone worried if they don't do something soon, they'll be stuck with Walsh?
The guy went from the beloved hottest rookie kicker to the last seat in musical chairs. Sad :'(

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
I don't put much stock in this piece. 1st Newman is 39 not 37 and as previously stated has no value elsewhere as he does here. Nobody is going to trade for a kicker that everyone knows is getting cut. You don't trade up to draft a kicker to compete in camp. They should do Forbath a solid and just cut him so he can compete. The only one that makes sense from this list is Treadwell. However as already noted. It will lack of any reasonable compensation and the dead money makes it unlikely.
This is spot on.  Stupid article.  Newman came back for another try at the Super Bowl; he would sooner retire than play on a lesser team and have to learn a new defensive scheme.  Besides, he is basically another coach.  Trading Forbath would require an injury to a kicker during preseason -- certainly not at this point in the offseason when you can wait on the Vikings to cut him.  See Josh Scobee trade.  Dadevike points out the obvious flaw in the Treadwell speculation.

I think the more interesting speculation has a name -- Richie Incognito.   

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Browns are shopping Coleman already...but cap ramifications are too steep for either guy to be moved...some guys make a jump year 1 to year 2...others year 2 to year 3...let's hope he opens his ears and does what the staff tells him to...
Well now you’re talking @BarrNone55 let’s trade one for the other!  Wink B)  

Browns are shopping Coleman already...but cap ramifications are too steep for either guy to be moved...some guys make a jump year 1 to year 2...others year 2 to year 3...let's hope he opens his ears and does what the staff tells him to...
Not saying they would or wouldn't make a trade but why would opening up $1.4M in additional space stop them from moving Treadwell? 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Not saying they would or wouldn't make a trade but why would opening up $1.4M in additional space stop them from moving Treadwell? 
No dead money? 

@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
No dead money? 
The $1.4M would be net 

Quote: @Zanary said:
I just can't imagine what the Vikings would get for Treadwell at this point...a 7th round pick?  Half a pack of Wrigley's Spearmint gum?
That's not how you trade him, you trade him for a similar type situation player.  A player that hasn't lived up to his draft position.

Quote: @Bolstad79 said:
@Zanary said:
I just can't imagine what the Vikings would get for Treadwell at this point...a 7th round pick?  Half a pack of Wrigley's Spearmint gum?
That's not how you trade him, you trade him for a similar type situation player.  A player that hasn't lived up to his draft position.
Not to knock your idea because it does happen alot. I just don't understand it. You trade your disappointment for someone else's.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@Bolstad79 said:
@Zanary said:
Not to knock your idea because it does happen alot. I just don't understand it. You trade your disappointment for someone else's.
It's all about a team thinking they can coach a player up.

Quote: @Bolstad79 said:
@suncoastvike said:
@Bolstad79 said:
@Zanary said:
It's all about a team thinking they can coach a player up.
Yeah I get it. Still seems kinda funny. I wasn't a good enough coach to get the most out of my 1st round pick but I'm going to coach up someone else's underachieving player. Sometimes a new environment can help. Often both teams end up just releasing the one they ended up with. Guess it feels better then just not re-signing your own failure at contracts end...meh.