Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 Possible trades Vikings could make
https://www.chatsports.com/minnesota-vik...ason-38764

Must be another fan site pretending to be journalism. Pretty silly to put Newman on this list. Doubt he has any value whatsoever to anyone other than the Vikings. What's more, all he wants is a ring. Yeah, the Vikings are going to kick him in the balls like that. *LOL*

Forbath is only slightly less ridiculous. Why trade for him? He'll be a free agent soon, among a dozen other equally talented kickers. Treadwell is the obvious candidate and I could see the Vikings trying to move him if one of the down roster WRs impresses during camp. Diggs, Thielen and Wright are locks at 1, 2 and 3. If Coley (or anyone else) moves ahead of Treadwell at #4, I'm betting they trade Tread. He'll have a lot more value to another team than he would to us. 

I just can't imagine what the Vikings would get for Treadwell at this point...a 7th round pick?  Half a pack of Wrigley's Spearmint gum?

I was half expecting to see Sandejo’s name on that list.  

His cap number is about $2.7M. His dead money is about $5.8M.  I don't think we can move him.

Ya thats big dead money.  thanks

Quote: @Zanary said:
I just can't imagine what the Vikings would get for Treadwell at this point...a 7th round pick?  Half a pack of Wrigley's Spearmint gum?
I'm sure he still has believers who liked him when he was drafted out of Miss. Another thing going for him is that he could be perceived as a receiver who hasn't been given much of an opportunity on a team with the best receiving duo in the league. Arguing against his value is his cap number and the fact that the Vikings will likely have several comp picks next year. In other words, he may have more value to us in a 4th receiver role than whatever day-3 pick we can get for him. 

I don't put much stock in this piece. 1st Newman is 39 not 37 and as previously stated has no value elsewhere as he does here. Nobody is going to trade for a kicker that everyone knows is getting cut. You don't trade up to draft a kicker to compete in camp. They should do Forbath a solid and just cut him so he can compete. The only one that makes sense from this list is Treadwell. However as already noted. It will lack of any reasonable compensation and the dead money makes it unlikely.

Browns are shopping Coleman already...but cap ramifications are too steep for either guy to be moved...some guys make a jump year 1 to year 2...others year 2 to year 3...let's hope he opens his ears and does what the staff tells him to...

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
Nobody is going to trade for a kicker that everyone knows is getting cut. You don't trade up to draft a kicker to compete in camp. They should do Forbath a solid and just cut him so he can compete.
I'm like, "who trades for a kicker these days?"  There's probably one bagging groceries at the local Piggly Wiggly! Wink

Quote: @Ralphie said:
@suncoastvike said:
Nobody is going to trade for a kicker that everyone knows is getting cut. You don't trade up to draft a kicker to compete in camp. They should do Forbath a solid and just cut him so he can compete.
I'm like, "who trades for a kicker these days?"
Someone worried if they don't do something soon, they'll be stuck with Walsh?