Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terence Newman: ‘I just want to win a ring’ with the Vikings

In a recent mini docu-series, the veteran Minnesota Vikings cornerback explains the reasoning behind why he continues to return to the field after so many years.
https://thevikingage.com/2018/05/17/newm...a-vikings/

You want to win a ring...what about me. 4 part mini series. Some of us 50+ year fans could fill a season full of 1 hour shows about how are hearts got ripped out. How we keep getting back up and believing again. I wouldn't even know what to call it. Lost and Survivor have already been taken. 

What a great guy to have on our team - I really love what he brings to our team  - Such a high character man, another coach/mentor on and off the field for the young ones. Its been said before by others here, that he would be an excellent Coach for the Vikes after he retires. Wonder if he is considering doing that after next seasons Super Bowl victory?

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
You want to win a ring...what about me. 4 part mini series. Some of us 50+ year fans could fill a season full of 1 hour shows about how are hearts got ripped out. How we keep getting back up and believing again. I wouldn't even know what to call it. Lost and Survivor have already been taken. 
"The Missing Rings" would be great but that has already been taken too.

Maybe "The Crushed and Tormented" or "So Close But Yet So Far".

What a coincidence. ... I really want him to win a ring with the Vikings too....it's like we shared a womb or something...

Quote: @ThunderGod said:
@suncoastvike said:
"The Missing Rings" would be great but that has already been taken too.

Maybe "The Crushed and Tormented" or "So Close But Yet So Far".

We're like Groundhog Day crossed with the Flight of Icarus and they never figure out not to glue the wings with wax :#  

Terence Newman...

In a long line of players wanting that ring. Sure be nice if he got one. 

From what I've heard, the biggest problem Minnesota had with Keenum, although they liked him quite a bit, was that he left a lot of yard and plays on the field. Didn't see guys running wide open. They think Cousins is going to see the field better and take advantage of it much more effectively.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
From what I've heard, the biggest problem Minnesota had with Keenum, although they liked him quite a bit, was that he left a lot of yard and plays on the field. Didn't see guys running wide open. They think Cousins is going to see the field better and take advantage of it much more effectively.
I dont want to get into it with the same guys again,  but this is very much a part of what had me hoping for something better.   while he did an amazing job extending plays with his feet and pocket awareness,  his ball placement and inability to make all the throws really hindered the explosive ability of our O. 

With that said,  I dont know that Kirk is the guy that will make all the necessary throws when needed,  but he certainly has shown that he has the arm to make all the throws and the willingness to pull the trigger.  I am expecting more turnovers this year,  but also more big plays and more scoring from the O.  Kirks arm will make the opposing defense cover the entire field.