Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Hughes

I just watched the highlight video (that I linked).  Not much to see there, unless you like special teams.  Congratulations, Viking fans!  We just used a first rounder on a kick / punt returner!

i will be dissapointed if he is not playing nickel. hope hernandez falls to us in the 2nd (fat chance)

As I just posted in chat: if I'm DeFilippo... I'm not a happy camper right now.

Surprising how many think a nickle or dime corner is more important than a starting O lineman.  Well apparently some of the pros agree with them.  

I hate watching adults learn costly lessons the hard way.  I hope they have a better reason than we thought it was the better fit because thats just blowing smoke.

Quote: @Poiple said:
Surprising how many think a nickle or dime corner is more important than a starting O lineman.  Well apparently some of the pros agree with them.  

I hate watching adults learn costly lessons the hard way.  I hope they have a better reason than we thought it was the better fit because thats just blowing smoke.
I wouldn't say more important. A 3rd or 4th corner in this scheme sees a lot of playing time, especially in crucial passing situations. The Vikings Nickle and Dime corners are more important than the 3rd LB position that Gedeon plays in my opinion. After Wynn and Price were gone, they probably didn't like what was left enough to draft them at 30 since they tried to trade down. I think they were just following their draft board and took the highest rated player at the 5 positions Spielman said they would consider with the 1st pick. 

Quote: @TBro said:
@Poiple said:

I wouldn't say more important. A 3rd or 4th corner in this scheme sees a lot of playing time, especially in crucial passing situations. The Vikings Nickle and Dime corners are more important than the 3rd LB position that Gedeon plays in my opinion. After Wynn and Price were gone, they probably didn't like what was left enough to draft them at 30 since they tried to trade down. I think they were just following their draft board and took the highest rated player at the 5 positions Spielman said they would consider with the 1st pick. 
I agree that with Price and Wynn going much earlier than I expected, things were not going to go their way.   Still, I feel Hughes was more of a plan D. 

Quote: @Ponifan said:
 I feel Hughes was more of a plan D. 
You mean "F"

Quote: @TBro said:
@Poiple said:

A position best, and most likely filled by a veteran picked up after cutdowns.  They also need a TE or big bodied WR red zone target.  Putting a number 1draft pick in at nickle or dime is a huuuge luxury and the team had too many needs.
Its been that way under Zimmer since he got here.  Everything for the D at the expense of the O.  The question is how for does he carry it?  How far is too far?

#1 D, #11 O and they take a CB?

At what point do you guys start scratching your head and saying this doesnt make much sense?