Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this really a thing?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/...li=BBnbcA1

lets see,  one incident were American servicemen the other was private citizens.  Are we going to lower the flag every time a hand full of citizens is killed?  It is a tragedy,  but is this really nationally on the level of an attack on American soldiers?  I am not trying to quantify ones importance as a human over the other,  but honestly where do you draw the line?  I am not a Trump apologist, but this seems to be to be the media looking for yet another excuse to attack the President.

Doesn't matter to me whether we're honoring public servants or private citizens, I think both criticisms were silly. Look, I think Trump is an incompetent pig but this was unnecessary. We lower the flag so often it's become as cliche and meaningless as every president's "deeply saddened" canned response to tragic events. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Doesn't matter to me whether we're honoring public servants or private citizens, I think both criticisms were silly. Look, I think Trump is an incompetent pig but this was unnecessary. We lower the flag so often it's become as cliche and meaningless as every president's "deeply saddened" canned response to tragic events. 
I agree,  I am not sure when it happened,  but it has become so common place anymore I wonder why our flag poles are more than 15'.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
We lower the flag so often it's become as cliche and meaningless as every president's "deeply saddened" canned response to tragic events. 
Yup, I hardly even notice it anymore and have stopped even wondering what it was lowered for this time.