Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saquon sp? barkley
Quote: @Akvike said:
Who's gonna end up with this dude and is he all that and a bag of chips.  Saw someone yesterday comparing him with AD and even said he has better hands to boot.  Hope the browns grab him to keep him away from  some one like the bears or packers.
I think he drops to Tampa at seven or SF at nine (sorry Jet).  Good RBs are just too easy to grab later on.

Quote: @Norseman said:
@Akvike said:
Who's gonna end up with this dude and is he all that and a bag of chips.  Saw someone yesterday comparing him with AD and even said he has better hands to boot.  Hope the browns grab him to keep him away from  some one like the bears or packers.
I think he drops to Tampa at seven or SF at nine (sorry Jet).  Good RBs are just too easy to grab later on.
This kid is in a league of his own though.  In a draft with some pretty good RB talent this kid makes it seem like he is the only option.  It is a treat to watch his tape.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Norseman said:
@Akvike said:
This kid is in a league of his own though.  In a draft with some pretty good RB talent this kid makes it seem like he is the only option.  It is a treat to watch his tape.
Ehhh...  Sure, he looks good against college defenses.  A lot of the top RB candidates look great as well.  If I were NYG or Cleveland or Denver, I would be a whole lot more interested in either a) picking a QB, b) picking Chubb, or c) collecting a ransom in draft picks.

Generational talent...complete package...if the Browns were smart they'd take him and Chubb...Chubb and Garrett would be a nightmare...Taylor under center with Barkley and Gordon as main weapons...they might actually win 5 games...

I'm in the minority but I still have an issue calling him a "generational talent" at RB. He is a very very good player and is on the same tier of Elliott / Gurley. But I still have ongoing questions about his vision as a runner. In the open field he is lethal but he can struggle when he isn't given consistent holes behind the LOS. It's something that he'll improve on but it could be worth tempering expectations a little bit.