Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Griff injury was worse than reported.
Quote: @Mark Janda said:
IIRC, Kleinsasser had that injury and they didn't really repair it.  As I understand it, the injury is to a tendon that runs over the top of the foot and - although a partial/complete tear is painful - the tendon itself is not necessary.  But, again, I'm not a great medical mind, either.
Again limited medical knowledge here, but IIRC, a full tear maybe better than a partial for this.  Thought one solution was to tear it fully.  But I get what I know on the subject from internet message boards.

A sprained muscle (ligament, tendon) is a partial tear.  A tear sounds worse, but they are really the same thing

Quote: @Ralphie said:
http://www.joionline.net/trending/conten...ascia-tear
[Image: plantar-fasciitis-diagram.jpg?w=490]

Albert Pujols had a tear in 2013.
And he got no sacks that year and was putting zero pressure on the QB... and his run support was pedestrian at best.

Well I think that bumps DE up the priority list in the draft a bit

I would like to know a lot more about "feels great now."  If this is career threatening, the priority to extend Hunter just increased about ten fold.

it was obvious he was hurt.  He had little push and just looked flat out there 

Quote: @Lee 19 said:
it was Craig Sauer.
Yep, that was it. 

Quote: @Mark Janda said:
IIRC, Kleinsasser had that injury and they didn't really repair it.  As I understand it, the injury is to a tendon that runs over the top of the foot and - although a partial/complete tear is painful - the tendon itself is not necessary.  But, again, I'm not a great medical mind, either.
While not necessary it's failure can lead to arch loss in the foot which can have other consequences.

I don't know that this will affect Griff long term if it gets healed up and precations are taken like exercises, stretching, as well as ice and massage he should be fine going forward.

I had it around 15 yrs ago. It's more annoying than painful ( mine was anyway) It leads to a bone spur, again (mine did) but a full tear sounds horrid. Seems it would need some repair and at the very least rest and recuperation. Really good orthotics and losing a few lbs helped for me. I'd expect Griff to be careful during TC and feel his way into how healed it is. Then he should be very eager to get after the other teams QB's since half of last yr was disappointing!

Quote: @Maple Surple said:
That explains a lot 
Most figured an injury & knew nothing would be said at the time
Ha imagine that Zimmer being misleading on an injury.