Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Griff injury was worse than reported.
Complete tear?! 

[Image: d3evKI0G_bigger.jpg]Andrew Krammer‏ @Andrew_Krammer 5m5 minutes ago
More
Griffen completely tore his plantar fascia in Week 9 last year, admittedly affected his play. Says he’s feeling great now.
1 reply1 retweet4 likes
Reply 1

Retweet 1

Show this thread

Okay, he says it feels great now.  How and when did they fix it?  My medical knowledge is very limited.

IIRC, Kleinsasser had that injury and they didn't really repair it.  As I understand it, the injury is to a tendon that runs over the top of the foot and - although a partial/complete tear is painful - the tendon itself is not necessary.  But, again, I'm not a great medical mind, either.

That explains a lot 
Most figured an injury & knew nothing would be said at the time

Can't remember who it was, but we had a linebacker in the '90s who had a big problem with this. I think he eventually was forced to retire. Hope it's not a recurring thing for Griff.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Can't remember who it was, but we had a linebacker in the '90s who had a big problem with this. I think he eventually was forced to retire. Hope it's not a recurring thing for Griff.

Chukwura?

Quote: @Mark Janda said:
@MaroonBells said:

Chukwura?

Patrick Chukwara?

Quote: @Mark Janda said:
@MaroonBells said:

Chukwura?
Maybe that's who I'm thinking of, but for whatever reason I'm thinking it was a free agent we got from the Giants. I don't know, it's possible I'm misremembering.  :-)

it was Craig Sauer.