Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ranking the Vikings draft needs by position
Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
@Norseman said:
@ArizonaViking said:
@Norseman said:
@dadevike said:
Improving is one thing. Who do we play at corner when the Packers, Lions, Rams, Saints, Patriots or Eagles go 4-wide? Rhodes, Waynes, Alexander, and ... Sherels? 
My guess is that if we don't draft one high, we sign a FA to a one year contract.  Newman, Adam Jones or several others floating around out there.

No to Adam Jones...we don't need any criminal element in the locker room.
Are you forgetting that he revived his career under Zim in Cincy and behaved as a solid citizen for years?

Yeah, I remember him playing under Zimmer.  But still that's my opinion of Jones.  Not likely to change.
Fair enough.  I really haven't checked that closely, but I do remember him being praised during several Cincy games for turning himself around so well and becoming a great team player.  I believe as part of that, he asked people to stop calling him Pac Man and just call him Adam Jones (i.e. wanted to move beyond the old persona).  The good news is that Zim was an integral part of that, so he knows the real story better than anyone.

Quote: @Norseman said:
@ArizonaViking said:
@Norseman said:
@ArizonaViking said:
@Norseman said:
@dadevike said:
Improving is one thing. Who do we play at corner when the Packers, Lions, Rams, Saints, Patriots or Eagles go 4-wide? Rhodes, Waynes, Alexander, and ... Sherels? 
My guess is that if we don't draft one high, we sign a FA to a one year contract.  Newman, Adam Jones or several others floating around out there.

No to Adam Jones...we don't need any criminal element in the locker room.
Are you forgetting that he revived his career under Zim in Cincy and behaved as a solid citizen for years?

Yeah, I remember him playing under Zimmer.  But still that's my opinion of Jones.  Not likely to change.
Fair enough.  I really haven't checked that closely, but I do remember him being praised during several Cincy games for turning himself around so well and becoming a great team player.  I believe as part of that, he asked people to stop calling him Pac Man and just call him Adam Jones (i.e. wanted to move beyond the old persona).  The good news is that Zim was an integral part of that, so he knows the real story better than anyone.
That is true.  But he still running a little too close to the line for my liking.  But Zimmer did keep him in check and he was productive under him.