Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ranking the Vikings draft needs by position
Draft week is finally here. As we prepare for the Minnesota Vikings to be on the clock with the No. 30 pick in the first round, let’s have a look at their biggest needs heading into the draft…
http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2018/0...osition-2/

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Draft week is finally here. As we prepare for the Minnesota Vikings to be on the clock with the No. 30 pick in the first round, let’s have a look at their biggest needs heading into the draft…
http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2018/0...osition-2/
Yep, no breaking news here.  We need to improve the OL.

Improving is one thing. Who do we play at corner when the Packers, Lions, Rams, Saints, Patriots or Eagles go 4-wide? Rhodes, Waynes, Alexander, and ... Sherels? 

Quote: @dadevike said:
Improving is one thing. Who do we play at corner when the Packers, Lions, Rams, Saints, Patriots or Eagles go 4-wide? Rhodes, Waynes, Alexander, and ... Sherels? 
I think we'll draft a corner in the middle rounds. But this is kind of a 1st world problem since most of the rest of the NFL would love to boast about having two first rounders and a 2nd rounder as their top 3 corners. And even if one doesn't fall to us, we might be able to find a dime corner after the draft. 

I'm warming up to the idea of Oliver if he's that at 30 and going best available OL in the 2nd. 

I'd be happy with Oliver, Goedert, Wynn/Hernandez/Price.  I think you could probably trade down a few spots into the 2nd and get a Goedert or Price.  Not so certain anymore on Oliver being there in the 10s or so of the 2nd. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
I'm warming up to the idea of Oliver if he's that at 30 and going best available OL in the 2nd. 

I'd be happy with Oliver, Goedert, Wynn/Hernandez/Price.  I think you could probably trade down a few spots into the 2nd and get a Goedert or Price.  Not so certain anymore on Oliver being there in the 10s or so of the 2nd. 
I like several of the CBs and OL in this draft. I just think we will have more quality OL options in the 2d round than quality CB option.  And what if Hurst is there at 30? He might be too good to pass on (assuming the heart issue is not an issue) especially considering that Richardson may not be here next year.  As for TE, if they really think Goedert is the next Travis Kelce, then fine. Otherwise, grab a TE later.

Quote: @dadevike said:
My guess is that if we don't draft one high, we sign a FA to a one year contract.  Newman, Adam Jones or several others floating around out there.

Quote: @Norseman said:
@dadevike said:
My guess is that if we don't draft one high, we sign a FA to a one year contract.  Newman, Adam Jones or several others floating around out there.

No to Adam Jones...we don't need any criminal element in the locker room.

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
@Norseman said:
@dadevike said:

Are you forgetting that he revived his career under Zim in Cincy and behaved as a solid citizen for years?

Quote: @Norseman said:
@ArizonaViking said:
@Norseman said:
@dadevike said:

Are you forgetting that he revived his career under Zim in Cincy and behaved as a solid citizen for years?

Yeah, I remember him playing under Zimmer.  But still that's my opinion of Jones.  Not likely to change.