Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kirk Cousins, Vikings to hold first workouts Monday
Quote: @kmillard said:
I work as a private ag consultant and I am looking forward to a shorter summer. The last 3 in a row were like working overtime a few months and not getting paid for it.
I would think you would still have the same amount of work,  just less days to do it in,  thus  longer hours in a day and working more weekends and holidays.  That's what I call a longer summer,  technically it will still be the same amount of days. :p

With another 6-7 inches yesterday, my farming is WAY behind.  2 years ago we were planting corn already.  The 25th has been my average start date for the last 20 years.  It'll be at least 2-3 weeks before we can even think about starting this year.  We can get the crop in in a hurry, but we will be pushing the envelope of not losing yield to the shorter season.  I can feel the stress level of the year already creeping up on me.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@kmillard said:
I work as a private ag consultant and I am looking forward to a shorter summer. The last 3 in a row were like working overtime a few months and not getting paid for it.
I would think you would still have the same amount of work,  just less days to do it in,  thus  longer hours in a day and working more weekends and holidays.  That's what I call a longer summer,  technically it will still be the same amount of days. :p
My big push will be late may and june rather than april may and june. I prefer it all crammed into a short window for a change). We will be in the fields in 2 weeks so not so bad for us up north.

I just saw my first open water of the year...small pond,  but no ice.

First 5 spring goats were kidded 10-14 days ago.  The rest seem to be waiting for real spring before they come out.  I can't blame them.  I've been called twice about honey bee pickup and I had to restrain myself from asking, "Are you nuts?"

Quote: @Scoog said:
First 5 spring goats were kidded 10-14 days ago.  The rest seem to be waiting for real spring before they come out.  I can't blame them.  I've been called twice about honey bee pickup and I had to restrain myself from asking, "Are you nuts?"
tell me more about the bees....