Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neighbors irked by Vikings' bright lights
Quote: @Purplewhizz said:
They live across an eight lane highway and on the flight path for MSP.  Its not like it used to be Waldon Pond before the Vikings came to town.  This is I494 after all.

And for those that say to turn them off at night, what’s the point of having illuminated signs?  What if a car dealership moved in?  Or a mall? 

This is a bunch of whiners looking for a handout, or more likely a buyout.
kinda my thoughts when I saw that they were in the flight path.

I wouldn't care for those bright lights at night either, but this seems to be a reporter looking for an axe to fulfill his daily grind.

That is such a bright sign at night. Driving by it, you can see it for quite a distance. That would totally suck at night. I feel bad for the neighbors and maybe the reporter is looking for something to bitch and moan about. But even though the neighbors live near the highway, they didn't know this big ass sign would be on all night. I say they should be good neighbors and turn it off at night. I bet some people will be upset about the crowds and traffic once training camp starts. It's always something but this seems to have any easy solution. 

I bet the Vikes thinking was that they want their new home to be VERY visible for people arriving in the planes coming in - as when people always look out the windows as they come in for a landing and one of the main things they will see at night will be this. 

Fewer people are gonna be upset about turning them down at night than effected by the current situation.  When it comes to major impacts on your home life,  it can get dicey.  My bet is the Vikes go the good neighbor route after a test periode.

Quote: @NorthernCalVike said:
I bet the Vikes thinking was that they want their new home to be VERY visible for people arriving in the planes coming in - as when people always look out the windows as they come in for a landing and one of the main things they will see at night will be this. 
Arriving in Planes?  When the Pleiadians get here,  later this year, they will be Viking fans, good marketing.

Irked by the Vikings' bright lights? Seems like just a few short years ago they were irked by the Vikings' dim bulbs. I suppose that's progress....

Quote: @Kentis said:
[Image: oh5tgvc2volg.jpeg][Image: rluqduurw2bv.jpeg]
Hmmm...
Sheez! I thought that was just a watermark on the picture at first!  If I lived in that house I'd speak up as well to at least hope they'd work on it.  Of course living in the burbs you'd expect some light and noise pollution, but I'm sure they chose that neighborhood because it did have a little better feeling of peace and seclusion.  That is a rather jarring change.

Quote: @NorthernCalVike said:
@Al (The Lochstar) Heurung said:
I live near a highway. You learn to live with people doing business.  I can understand being annoyed but that is what happens when you live by a highway. I used to live in a trailer almost directly under the main artery in my city. You either adjust to the noise/sounds/lights or you sell and move.  Sucks, I feel for them, but it is what it is. 
Could not help it - I thought of this. Are you sure it wasn't a van vs. a trailer?

That was a pretty quiet time, actually :open_mouth: