Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings legend Chris Doleman working way back after surgery for brain cancer
Doleman was diagnosed with glioblastoma, the same cancer Arizona Sen. John McCain has. He had surgery on Jan. 25 to remove a tumor.  During the procedure, two additional tumors were found, and they are now being treated by radiation. He also is undergoing chemotherapy.
Doleman spent five weeks in the hospital, and lost 40 pounds, dropping to 232. He was released Feb. 26, and has now gained back 20 pounds. He had numbness on the left side of his body following the surgery and couldn’t walk but is now back on his feet.
“I feel great, man,” Doleman said. “God has blessed me for the last month just waking up every day, one day at a time. That’s how I look at it.
“We’re working on (the cancer) on a daily basis. It can heal, and it can come back. I ask Vikings fans to pray for me on a daily basis. Just one day at a time.”
https://www.twincities.com/2018/03/26/vi...in-cancer/

Doleman said he has received support from Vikings owners Zygi and Mark Wilk and CEO Kevin Warren. He said former Vikings players Greg Coleman, Steve Jordan, Henry Thomas and Ken Clarke visited him in the hospital.
“If you got this kind of cancer 10 years ago, there was no recourse for you,” Doleman said. “It was a closed story. … The (doctors) thought (the surgery) was successful. But it’s been a grind. I have spent a lot of time sleeping. That’s the only time that your brain can really heal.”
Over the past month, Doleman has been feeling better day by day while undergoing physical therapy. He has played golf three times since his surgery, including recently going to Tampa, Fla., to play nine holes.

Good luck and best wishes to a Viking Great.  Loved your game and attitude on and off the field

Oh man, I'm gonna pray for our Viking Warrior! Anybody else remember back in the late 80's i believe. Mountain Dew had Chris on the 12 packs of pop right around Halloween? I can't even remember what the caption said, but it was just something that I'll always remember

These are the kind of stories that remind you that maybe your day wasn't as bad as you thought. 

Wishing him all the best in his recovery.