Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elway says Keenum was there #1 target
Quote: @RushmoreVike said:
@MaroonBells said:
@RushmoreVike said:
Well they never made an offer for capn kirk...so were they really in on him as much as the media tried to make us believe prior to FA?
I never made an offer for the Audi A8 I was drooling over last year when shopping for cars. I guess you could say, then, that my 1st choice was the VW that I bought. 
did you actually think about truly buying the car,  or were you simply dreaming?  did you test drive it,  did you show it to the wife and see what her thoughts were?  did you even talk to the sales associate to see what kind of deal they would make on it?

I dont think looking at something with a little wonder in your eyes means you are really in on something.    shit head elway had to know that he had no chance at cousins once the jets and Vikes were in consideration.
I didn't have to test drive it. I knew how much it was. Me, the sales person and the Audi itself knew I couldn't afford it without making unacceptable changes. But all things equal? You bet I'd be driving that A8 right now. Bitches. 

Elway didn't want to be "left at the altar." It's not a good look for a franchise. He knew they didn't stand a chance and so he turned his attention to Case Keenum. Everyone in Denver knows the  "Case was our #1 choice" is bullshit. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@RushmoreVike said:
@MaroonBells said:
@RushmoreVike said:
Well they never made an offer for capn kirk...so were they really in on him as much as the media tried to make us believe prior to FA?
I never made an offer for the Audi A8 I was drooling over last year when shopping for cars. I guess you could say, then, that my 1st choice was the VW that I bought. 
did you actually think about truly buying the car,  or were you simply dreaming?  did you test drive it,  did you show it to the wife and see what her thoughts were?  did you even talk to the sales associate to see what kind of deal they would make on it?

I dont think looking at something with a little wonder in your eyes means you are really in on something.    shit head elway had to know that he had no chance at cousins once the jets and Vikes were in consideration.
I didn't have to test drive it. I knew how much it was. Me, the sales person and the Audi itself knew I couldn't afford it without making unacceptable changes. But all things equal? You bet I'd be driving that A8 right now. Bitches. 

Elway didn't want to be "left at the altar." It's not a good look for a franchise. He knew they didn't stand a chance and so he turned his attention to Case Keenum. Everyone in Denver knows the  "Case was our #1 choice" is bullshit. 
I guess i dont see it as a choice... they had true options in Case, Sam, Teddy, McCarron, and others,  but this wasnt really a choice as the financial took the choice away from him,  just as you never really had a choice on the audi did you?   sure anybody can get stupid,  and technically it was a choice,  but considering how quickly they moved on Case its pretty apparent they were never really pursuing Cousins.   

When I was 20 I looked longingly at plenty of women,   but I married the only one that I ever really considered spending the rest of my life with.  I would never say I settled for anything less than my first choice.

Smile He could have bid a dollar.

Quote: @RushmoreVike said:
@MaroonBells said:
@RushmoreVike said:
@MaroonBells said:
@RushmoreVike said:

I guess i dont see it as a choice... they had true options in Case, Sam, Teddy, McCarron, and others,  but this wasnt really a choice as the financial took the choice away from him,  just as you never really had a choice on the audi did you?   sure anybody can get stupid,  and technically it was a choice,  but considering how quickly they moved on Case its pretty apparent they were never really pursuing Cousins.   

When I was 20 I looked longingly at plenty of women,   but I married the only one that I ever really considered spending the rest of my life with.  I would never say I settled for anything less than my first choice.
That's an even better analogy, considering it's the one Denver media is using to console frustrated Bronco fans: "We're not married to Keenum. It's a two-year contract. We're only dating him." One thing I find interesting about this whole thing is that Keenum signed with Denver before the Vikings had anything done with Cousins. At least on the surface. Yes, that helps Horseface sell his bullshit narrative to his fanbase. It also basically says that the Vikings were not interested. At least not interested in Keenum as their safety net plan B. It's like... "Hey Rick, I'm walking out the door. Seem me? Here I go. All I need is this lamp. And this chair. And this paddle ball game...." 

I guess who really cares what's going on in Denver or what they are saying to their fan base.  They still got a pretty damn good QB and are paying $10 million less per year than we are for ours.

Plus they didn't have to fully guarantee his salary for three years either.

I truly hope Cousins works out here and is our long-term answer at QB.  But I'm not ready to start gloating about anything yet.

Keenum is going to do well in Denver. His two receivers (DT and ES) are right up there with Diggs and Thielen. He also has a big believer in Gary Kubiak. I see an upgrade from the mess Denver had last year, but no where near the kind of season Case had in Minnesota. Denver would be wise to draft Josh Allen at 5. He's the QB who makes the most sense for them. Talented guy but the one QB in the 1st round they won't feel pressured to start...

Case will make some nice $$$, which will set him and his wife up for the rest of their lives. I'm extremely happy for him. He'll play hard and give them everything he has. The Denver organization has rolled the red carpet out for him. Not a bad place to be at all. 

I have to ask, why does anyone care wether this is true or not? I could care less who Elway wanted at the top of his list. We got Cousins. Case closed.

It smacked of the annual post draft claim from 32 GM’s, in unison, saying “ We got our guy “
whether they did or not  Wink

I cant stand horse face and never could.   But he did actually play the position and might have a different perspective than ya’ll. (I live in SOUTH Carolina so I can say shit like that now)

I cant tell some here dont have a lot of repect for Case’s game when you look at the ridiculous comparisons and metephors.  An A8 vs a VW?  smh... 

Maybe the guy wearing the superbowl ring knows that a guy who can put up numbers like that while scrambling and extending plays with his legs and wits is exactly what his organization needs right now.   And that non guarenteed, $10 million less contract allows him to fix a few other problems that he knows because he is the GM and he actually played the position.

smug ass freaking internet know it alls