Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teddy Bustwater?

Questions??

Im hoping Teddy regains his form and has a lot of success.  I can’t imagine anyone taking and joy from his injury.
The kid was just starting to flash what he could do.  It will be interesting watching his progress with the Jets.

Quote: @mblack said:
@StickyBun said:
Kevin Seifert‏Verified account @SeifertESPN 2m2 minutes ago
More
Kevin Seifert Retweeted Dan Graziano
Teddy has his work cut out for him on a Jets team with three other veteran QBs + likely first-round pick.
Kevin Seifert added,
Dan GrazianoVerified account @DanGrazianoESPNTeddy Bridgewater's one-year Jets contract guarantees him only $500,000. That's his signing bonus. He gets a $5M non-guaranteed salary and a $500k workout bonuses. Incentives up to $9M for playing time, yards and TDS. http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-07...25827994-4 …
Seems his tolled contract was better from a guarantee money standpoint.
Yep. Contrary to what some WANT to believe, Teddy probably didn't have many options. And Bridgewater is going to have to play lights out in training camp and preseason to move past McNown, which I don't see happening. And as the year goes on, Jets Nation will be chanting the name of the QB they drafted at #3 after about Week 8. 

It just seems like a bad situation for him, IMO. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@mblack said:
@StickyBun said:
Kevin Seifert‏Verified account @SeifertESPN 2m2 minutes ago
More
Kevin Seifert Retweeted Dan Graziano
Teddy has his work cut out for him on a Jets team with three other veteran QBs + likely first-round pick.
Kevin Seifert added,
Dan GrazianoVerified account @DanGrazianoESPNTeddy Bridgewater's one-year Jets contract guarantees him only $500,000. That's his signing bonus. He gets a $5M non-guaranteed salary and a $500k workout bonuses. Incentives up to $9M for playing time, yards and TDS. http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-07...25827994-4 …
Seems his tolled contract was better from a guarantee money standpoint.
Yep. Contrary to what some WANT to believe, Teddy probably didn't have many options. And Bridgewater is going to have to play lights out in training camp and preseason to move past McNown, which I don't see happening. And as the year goes on, Jets Nation will be chanting the name of the QB they drafted at #3 after about Week 8. 

It just seems like a bad situation for him, IMO. 
This sucks. This is a reminder as to why players always want the money upfront. That injury completely changed his life. Hope he ca have a decent career.

I wish we could've resigned him to an incentive-laden deal like that. If Cousins sh!ts the bed or gets hurt Teddy could have had a better chance to restart his career here with his old team mates than in New York. 

Quote: @SouthCarolinaViking said:
I wish we could've resigned him to an incentive-laden deal like that. If Cousins sh!ts the bed or gets hurt Teddy could have had a better chance to restart his career here with his old team mates than in New York. 
KC would have to shit in Zims bed, in order for Ted to have taken over for him.

Even if KC had half his average stats, it's still equal to Teds best!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess I don't really see the point in bagging on a guy that is injured, seems petty as hell to me. 

Quote: @holmanjp said:
@SouthCarolinaViking said:
KC would have to shit in Zims bed, in order for Ted to have taken over for him.

Even if KC had half his average stats, it's still equal to Teds best!!!!!!!!!!!
weve had 3 starting QBs go down early in the season 3 of the last 4 years... 

I to would have preferred Teddy over Simeon to back up Cousins.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
I guess I don't really see the point in bagging on a guy that is injured, seems petty as hell to me. 
Agreed.  But that is how some dudes like to roll.

I cant get down with that.

Quote: @SouthCarolinaViking said:
Dude, if Cousins shits the bed, the team is f-ed. They are all-in on him. Wouldn't matter if Teddy stayed or not.