Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just don't call it a ***** team
I knew when we signed Richardson, the dreaded "dream team" label would start to emerge. Took a day. 
----------Minnesota is loaded in a 'Dream Team' style offseason
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/sheld...-favorite/
The Vikings already had a top-tier defense. Adding Richardson makes them quite scary. A defensive line of Danielle HunterLinval JosephEverson Griffen and Richardson is filthy
-------------
Filthy is a good word. 

So the Patriots have been a modern dynasty team. They seem to play in the SB every year.  And they were just beaten by the Eagles with their backup QB.  And the Eagles' franchise QB will be back next year.  

The Vikings have not been in the SB in some 40 years and next season will be led by a QB who has never won a playoff game.

We are doing what we can to build the best team we can build. But let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet.  Winning FA, assuming that's what we have done, does not equate to a SB appearance, let alone a SB win.

Quote: @dadevike said:
So the Patriots have been a modern dynasty team. They seem to play in the SB every year.  And they were just beaten by the Eagles with their backup QB.  And the Eagles' franchise QB will be back next year.  

The Vikings have not been in the SB in some 40 years and next season will be led by a QB who has never won a playoff game.

We are doing what we can to build the best team we can build. But let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet.  Winning FA, assuming that's what we have done, does not equate to a SB appearance, let alone a SB win.
But still nice to dream, eh?

Quote: @Al (The Lochstar) Heurung said:
@dadevike said:

Yes, that's fine for us Vikings fans. That's how fans should be,  Hell, Bears and Lions fans should also dream the "Why not us?" dream. 

I'm talking about the objective analyst/commentator. It's fine to recognize the Vikings as one of the teams that should be in serious contentionfor a SB berth. But a dream team should at a minimum have a QB who has won a SB or an MVP. I don't really think there any dream teams in the NFL.

@Al (The Lochstar) Heurung said:
@dadevike said:

Yes, that's fine for us Vikings fans. That's how fans should be,  Hell, Bears and Lions fans should also dream the "Why not us?" dream. 

I'm talking about the objective analyst/commentator. It's fine to recognize the Vikings as one of the teams that should be in serious contentionfor a SB berth. But a dream team should at a minimum have a QB who has won a SB or an MVP. I don't really think there any dream teams in the NFL.
We're a solid 6 months from preseason (ish) ... all we got right now is dreams. Your analysis is solid, but wow it's fun to see the potential, amirite?

Most talented team doesn't always win the Super Bowl. Was a Nick Foles led Eagle team the best team in the NFL? I doubt it. They won because they out-coached us up and down the field. And Nick Foles played out of his mind. 

If we don't win it all next year it won't be for lack of talent. This team is talented enough to win a Super Bowl. And then some. If it doesn't happen it will be because of injuries or getting outsmarted. 

We need a better number 2 CB for this D to really take that next step. I know Waynes has gotten better but I want him to be better still.

There will always be weakness' on any team to exploit. On paper, this team has the potential to be very good for a long while. Do I dare say they'll be better than 13/3? Or make the CG another year in a row? Not with conviction. But as a long-time fan, I am appreciative of what the front office has done this offseason and hopeful as heck the next few years. 

Have we gotten better than the Eagles?  I think we're clearly better than last year, but I don't think it's a given that we're the best in the NFC, much less a dream team.

One game at a time....