Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Tyrann Mathieu at the Dinner tonight
I thought we had some insiders that posted here?  Nothing form them.

Quote: @Purplewhizz said:
I thought we had some insiders that posted here?  Nothing form them.
He got a job working with a team or similar if I didnt dream that up.  Im sure hes busy doing his own thing. But i sure do miss the updates!!!

Where's one bad shredda?

Richardson is still at the Viking's facilities in Eagan this morning. Touring the place and talking with coaches. Stay tuned. He did stay overnight.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Richardson is still at the Viking's facilities in Eagan this morning. Touring the place and talking with coaches. Stay tuned. He did stay overnight.
Hope they took him out ice fishing and then onto the love boat for the full Viking experience. 

I may be in the minority here, but I am kind of mixed regarding Tyrann Mathieu. Maybe his college troubles are behind him, but he has had some injury problems as well. If we had to choose between him and Richardson, I would definitely prefer Richardson.

Here's why I think he doesn't sign in Minnesota (Richardson): he's going to be expensive and I think the Viking's brass is trying to impress on him the aspects of being on a great team and getting a ring in lieu of a top contract, which they can't afford. I think Richardson is ultimately going to pass on that later today and we'll get a tweet from the Vikings saying that he's left the facility without signing a contract.

That's what my gut tells me.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
I may be in the minority here, but I am kind of mixed regarding Tyrann Mathieu. Maybe his college troubles are behind him, but he has had some injury problems as well. If we had to choose between him and Richardson, I would definitely prefer Richardson.
I'm not down on Mathieu. I like how he could potentially help us at both safety and slot corner. But if I had to choose one it would be SR. Putting a player of his caliber in the middle of this defense would pay off big. You'd see it on every play. It would impact the edge rushers, the secondary, the linebackers. The best 3rd down defense in 30 some years would be even better.

All that said, I'm absolutely mystified by the idea that we have both of them in town (assuming it's true). After giving Cousins 84 guaranteed, how do you pay Richardson AND Mathieu? I just looked at the top 101 free agents on NFL.com. Cousins was #1. Of the three still available in the top 6, two of them are in Minneapolis. I've seen teams crack open their windows by adding high priced free agents, but here we have one of the most talented teams in the NFL, a team who was a game away from the prize looking to add 3 of the top 6 free agents? That's nuts--and I'll believe it when I see it. 

Is it possible that the Vikings want only 1 more free agent and are trying to see which one wants a Super Bowl more? 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Jor-El said:
I'm not down on Mathieu. I like how he could potentially help us at both safety and slot corner. But if I had to choose one it would be SR. Putting a player of his caliber in the middle of this defense would pay off big. You'd see it on every play. It would impact the edge rushers, the secondary, the linebackers. The best 3rd down defense in 30 some years would be even better.

All that said, I'm absolutely mystified by the idea that we have both of them in town (assuming it's true). After giving Cousins 84 guaranteed, how do you pay Richardson AND Mathieu? I just looked at the top 101 free agents on NFL.com. Cousins was #1. Of the three still available in the top 6, two of them are in Minneapolis. I've seen teams crack open their windows by adding high priced free agents, but here we have one of the most talented teams in the NFL, a team who was a game away from the prize looking to add 3 of the top 6 free agents? That's nuts--and I'll believe it when I see it. 

Is it possible that the Vikings want only 1 more free agent and are trying to see which one wants a Super Bowl more? 
Honestly, I don't think Mathieu is the other player visiting.

Not sure who the other is but we could afford both if its Mathieu. word on Richardson is he wants around $11 million a year not sure on Mathieu.