Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question: Can we still sign Barr, Kendricks Hunter and Diggs?
Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
They'll have no issue resigning their core talent if they actually want to retain them all. If you really want to get into the nitty gritty they actually have room to add another player like Sheldon Richardson if they want to.  
That’s what I thought, great news, thanks Geoff!  B) B) B)

Its easy to see right now how loose and aggressive free agency is. Some of these guys would be best served leveraging it against our offers.

Its easy to see some of these guys not even being options outside of an extension. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
They'll have no issue resigning their core talent if they actually want to retain them all. If you really want to get into the nitty gritty they actually have room to add another player like Sheldon Richardson if they want to.  
do you think richardson is worth the $15m asking price?

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
No, word is he can be had for 10m+, 15m must be the tag #?

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
I don't suppose we could save any money by cutting Treadwell...

Just sayin'
I see $5.8M of Dead Cap assigned to Treadwell, so I would say, no. That might not all apply this season, but nothing is worse than having millions of cap space each year lost on players no longer with the team.
The cleanest potential cap cut I see on the Vikings roster is Andrew Sendejo - $3.5M with no dead cap. I could see Sendejo, Jarius Wright, and Murray being asked to restructure.

Quote: @Kentis said:
@AGRforever said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
that was word this morning that he was seeking $15m/season.  more recent news suggests the seachickens have not offered him $11m which was reported this morning. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@Kentis said:
@AGRforever said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
that was word this morning that he was seeking $15m/season.  more recent news suggests the seachickens have not offered him $11m which was reported this morning. 
Well, I’m seeking 15m as well!  Wink  B) I’m sure his target is probably high though...

Quote: @RushmoreVike said:
@Kentis said:
Absolutely, Geoff layed it out a while back. Don’t forget the cap has been increasing an average of 10mil per year. Extend Barr now, lowering his cap number this year. Re-sign one of the others & we should have a surprising amount of cap space next season as well. 
Didnt he say over 26 million to Cousins and the Vikes would have a hard time making it work without letting some others walk?
I would have to look back at what I wrote exactly, but with the assumption they were going to front load the deal anything in the $27-28M range was alright. Issues were created when you front-loaded and still have an AAV of $30M. 

Once Kirk wanted a 3-year deal I figured they would backload it since they can massage that 3rd year into a potential extension if everything goes well. On a 3-year deal they could have done $30M but $28M leaves them plenty of space to operate and allows them to utilize cap carryover to work their extensions in. 

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:

I think...I love you
Not that there's anything wrong with that 

Quote: @FSUVike said:
Mods, do we have to listen to this crap in nearly every damn post for the rest of time? 

He already made the chat room unbearable on game day with his Keenum rants, cursing and name calling.

When is enough? 
Now. Are we really going to let this guy piss on every thread for the run of free agency? That's bull shit. Give this clown the boot until FA is done.